Hi everyone,

New AppCode 2019.1 EAP build is available on our site.

Application language and region

Change the application language and region on the Options pane in Edit configurations… dialog:

Options pane

Resolve contexts

We’ve implemented the performance optimization for initial symbol caching: by default AppCode will cache only simulator symbols for the most modern architecture supported by currently selected target. To load another resolve context, select it from the drop-down in the IDE status bar and choose the preferred combination:

Resolve contexts

Bug fixes

The following notable issues are fixed in this build:

• Module not found error when using modern style @import (OC-11917)
  • Swift: navigation from super.init is incorrect (OC-18296)
  • Strange resolve behavior when importing Foundation (OC-18378)

For the full list of fixes please see the release notes.

Your AppCode Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to New AppCode 2019.1 EAP: application language and region settings, performance improvements and more!

1. Mikhail Demidov says:

Seems performance optimization for initial symbol caching is working, gonna test it more thoroughly.
    But the process “Generating Xcode files…” still takes a lot of time (it is noticeable longer than symbol caching). When I adding new file to a project then the “symbol caching” updates and can last about 10-20 seconds during which autocompletion doesn’t work (almost ok for me), but “Generating Xcode files…” lasts a lot longer. Is it ok ?

Thanks a lot!

2. Florent Pillet says:

Can’t wait for refactoring issues to be fixed, because refactoring is one of the core features I use ALL THE TIME and 2019.1 EAP just miserably fails at it…

3. Mikhail Demidov says:

Tried this EAP build for couple hours and it is unusable because autocompletion (for example for instance properties) A LOT slower than AppCode 2018.3, it takes always 5-10 seconds to show up, it is impossible to work with such delay. I’ve switched back to AppCode 2018.3.

• Florent Pillet says:

TBH autocompletion even in 2018.3 is a lot slower than Xcode. On local file symbols it is fast, but otherwise slow enough to be barely usable. I hope things will improve in 2019.1 !

• Antoni says:

Yah, autocompletion is so slow recently that I only use it when I’m not sure what to write, otherwise it’s faster to type instead :(

• Alex says:

Did I ever think I’d have to wait 3s for autocompletion in 2019? Both 2018.3 and 2019 EAPs

• Florent Pillet says:

Actually it seems that just typing has become unbearably slow in 2019.1. Please fix the performance issues! This is the #1 problem in AppCode right now and making me want to go back to Xcode…

Just opened OC-18429 about this. Hope this helps!