PhpStorm 9 released: Progress. Advance. Develop. Postfix code completion for PHP, inline Debugger, Remote edit, and more.
PhpStorm 9, the new major release of our professional PHP IDE, is now available for download!
Read all about the new features and improvements on the PhpStorm website.
Make faster progress with PhpStorm 9’s refined editing and debugging experience, deeper code understanding, advanced productivity boosts, and complete support for remote development:
- PHP Language & Editing Experience: Includes postfix code completion for PHP, partial PHP 7 support, advanced code understanding (Introduce parameter refactoring, advanced PHP type inference, support for persistent language injections, and new inspections and intentions), and other enhancements.
- New Debugging Experience: Inline debugger for PHP and debugging workflow enhancements (php.ini can be opened from settings, and debugger config validation has been enhanced).
- Remote Development: Remote edit, PHP Code Sniffer and Mess Detector via remote PHP interpreters.
- Many improvements related to frameworks and tools.
- A range of new and updated third-party plugins available in the PhpStorm plugin repository.
- Application dependency diagrams
- V8 profiling for Node.js apps
- Simultaneous tag editing
This release also borrows many features and improvements from IntelliJ Platform, such as Distraction Free Mode, diff viewer with one-side viewer mode, VCS improvements, database tools update, HiDPI support for Windows and Linux, an updated look-and-feel of Editor tabs, and more goodies.
PhpStorm 9 is available as a free update if you purchased your license after July 8, 2014!
Develop with PhpStorm 9!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PHP Annotated – October 2023
Welcome to the October edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…
The Pest Plugin Is Now Maintained by JetBrains
You've probably heard about the Pest test framework developed by Nuno Maduro and the community. There is also a dedicated PhpStorm plugin for Pest, which until now has been brilliantly developed by Oliver Nybroe. In this post, we will talk about how JetBrains is going to maintain the plugin, and her…
PHP Annotated – September 2023
Welcome to the September edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…