PhpStorm 9 released: Progress. Advance. Develop. Postfix code completion for PHP, inline Debugger, Remote edit, and more.
PhpStorm 9, the new major release of our professional PHP IDE, is now available for download!
Read all about the new features and improvements on the PhpStorm website.
Make faster progress with PhpStorm 9’s refined editing and debugging experience, deeper code understanding, advanced productivity boosts, and complete support for remote development:
- PHP Language & Editing Experience: Includes postfix code completion for PHP, partial PHP 7 support, advanced code understanding (Introduce parameter refactoring, advanced PHP type inference, support for persistent language injections, and new inspections and intentions), and other enhancements.
- New Debugging Experience: Inline debugger for PHP and debugging workflow enhancements (php.ini can be opened from settings, and debugger config validation has been enhanced).
- Remote Development: Remote edit, PHP Code Sniffer and Mess Detector via remote PHP interpreters.
- Many improvements related to frameworks and tools.
- A range of new and updated third-party plugins available in the PhpStorm plugin repository.
See our issue tracker for the full list of PHP-related issues fixed and full release notes.
- Application dependency diagrams
- V8 profiling for Node.js apps
- Simultaneous tag editing
This release also borrows many features and improvements from IntelliJ Platform, such as Distraction Free Mode, diff viewer with one-side viewer mode, VCS improvements, database tools update, HiDPI support for Windows and Linux, an updated look-and-feel of Editor tabs, and more goodies.
These awesome new features and many more are covered in detail on the PhpStorm website, where you can also download a free 30-day trial for your platform.
PhpStorm 9 is available as a free update if you purchased your license after July 8, 2014!
We invite you to join our upcoming webinar, What’s New in PhpStorm 9, featuring Mikhail Vink, Wednesday, July 22nd, 14:00 GMT.
Develop with PhpStorm 9!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!