The new PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP build (163.6512) is now available! You can download it here or, if you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP build (163.6110), you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Initial support of CodeIgniter Framework
Good news for the CodeIgniter users! We’ve added an initial support of CodeIgniter Framework. Now after you enable the CodeIgniter support you will get the support of the code style, also CodeIgniter inspection profile will be set up automatically.
New naming inspection for constants
In previous build we’ve added new naming convention inspections. Now new naming convention inspections are also available for constants. These inspections will highlight those constants that don’t follow naming convention in current project.
Improvements in PHPSpec support
We are continue working on PHPSpec support in PhpStorm. This build brings support of spec_prefix and beConstructedThrough method in addition to the previously introduced features.
Apart new features, this build brings many bugfixes, the most remarkable of them:
- Fix of WI-33542: SSH Deployment server can’t be used for Remote Tools
- Fix of WI-31754: Regression with Recursive resolve of constant values inside include expressions
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2016.3:
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.3512: Ability to open several PhpStorm projects in one frame, support of Docker in remote interpreters, completion of overridden methods and fields without function and var keyword, project wide PHP 7 strict types, and more
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.3983: Code Style Settings for PHP 7 return types
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.4396: New extension point that allows to provide PHP files into projects, quick fix for case-insensitive inspection, composer doesn’t add vendor subfolders to External Libraries, improved VCS Log
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.4830: Semantic highlighting for variables and parameters, new setting to select variable name without ‘$’ on double click, and more.
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.5644: Initial PHPSpec support, faster Search in Git Log, managing Git remotes and other improvements.
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.6110: New naming convention inspections, PHPSpec Run Configurations.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop