PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP 171.3224 : Improvements in PHP Debug, Auto-import and FQN inspection
The new PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.3224) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.3019) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Use namespace and imports from execution point in Watches, Evaluate Expression and Debug Console
Now PhpStorm is aware of a current namespace and all imports at execution point during debugging. It uses this information in Watches pane, Evaluate Expression dialog and Debug Console to make sure that an identical code produces identical results during PHP execution and PhpStorm debug evaluations.
This functionality can be disabled in Settings| PHP | Debug | Import namespace and use statement from evaluation context.
Better User Experience for PHP Debug Settings
We know that setting up a debugger might be a challenge and want to make it easier for you. In this build, we’ve reorganized the Debug Settings and added a guided instruction on how to set up Debug directly at the Settings page, so you don’t have to search anymore. Also, all the important settings are brought on top and advanced are hidden in a separate category. Take a look and let us know what you think!
Improved Auto-import and Fully Qualified Name inspection
We’ve significantly improved PhpStorm understanding of PHP imports including detection of conflicts. That improves Auto-import functionality, Unnecessary Fully Qualified Name inspection and detection of Fatal Errors. So now you won’t get unexpected imports during completion or false positives inspection warnings.
Apart from new features, this build brings many bug fixes, including these:
- Allow opening commit window when only unversioned files present: IDEA-162845
- ES6 import resolve error: WEB-17483
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2017.1:
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.1834: New code highlights, parameter hint for method and function calls, new quick-fix for undefined variables, support for emoji in the editor
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2014: Fixes of reparse errors for alternative syntax, switch statement and namespace names; current scope highlighting for alternative syntax, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2152: Blank lines before namespace code style setting, align assignment now affects shorthand operators, “Download from…” option in deployment
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2272: Regexes support in Copyright Plugin, new Code Style options (Place ‘()’ for constructor, Convert else if/elseif to)
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2455: Support of PHP 7 Uniform Variable Syntax, auto-import of functions and constants, auto-import from the global namespace, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2613: Support of Blade @component and @slot directive document structure, grouping of user-defined constants in Debugger
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2822: Support PHPDoc in Blade injections, Recognition of PHP class names in strings
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.3019: Support of Codeception, Configurable spaces inside declare statements, Support of PHPUnit 6, and more
Download PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build 171.3224 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop