The new PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.3019) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.2822) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Support of Codeception testing framework
We are happy to announce that initial support of Codeception has been added to PhpStorm! We are supporting Codeception, starting from version 2.2.0. You can install it from Composer or PHAR. Run Configuration will help you to run your tests locally, on Vagrant machine, remote interpreter, or Docker. It’s an initial support, and more features are coming.
Configurable spaces inside declare statements
We’ve added a possibility to configure spaces within declare statements. You can choose if you want your declare statement to follow PSR-2, such as declare(strict_types=1); , or has additional spaces inside declare(strict_types = 1); .
Rename Class Refactoring renames files of child classes
When renaming a class, the inheritor’s file names were not renamed automatically, which was often inconvenient. Now PhpStorm suggests you rename file names of child classes in this situation.
Detect and convert PHP 4 style constructors to PHP 5.3+
Since PHP 4 constructors have been deprecated in PHP 7, in this build, we’ve added a new inspection, which helps you to detect and convert such constructors to PHP 5.3+ style –__construct.
Support of PHPUnit 6
PHPUnit 6 has been released just a couple of days ago, and now we are bringing the support of it in PhpStorm. New namespaced TestCase class is now recognized and supported by PhpStorm. You can also update File template for PHPUnit Test to fit PHPUnit 6 in Settings->File and Code Templates->Files->PHPUnit Test.
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2017.1:
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.1834: New code highlights, parameter hint for method and function calls, new quick-fix for undefined variables, support for emoji in the editor
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2014: Fixes of reparse errors for alternative syntax, switch statement and namespace names; current scope highlighting for alternative syntax, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2152: Blank lines before namespace code style setting, align assignment now affects shorthand operators, “Download from…” option in deployment
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2272: Regexes support in Copyright Plugin, new Code Style options (Place ‘()’ for constructor, Convert else if/elseif to)
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2455: Support of PHP 7 Uniform Variable Syntax, auto-import of functions and constants, auto-import from the global namespace, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2613: Support of Blade @component and @slot directive document structure, grouping of user-defined constants in Debugger
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2822: Support PHPDoc in Blade injections, Recognition of PHP class names in strings
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.3019: Support of Codeception, Configurable spaces inside declare statements, Support of PHPUnit 6, and more
Download PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build 171.3019 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop