PyCharm build 100.34 is available

Dmitry Jemerov

Now that the stress of the IntelliJ IDEA 10 release is behind us, we can return to the regular schedule of PyCharm 1.1 Early Access Preview builds. During the three weeks that have passed since the previous EAP, the PyCharm team has created quite a few new features:

• Initial support for remote debugging, the most highly voted feature in our issue tracker;
  • New test runner for nose tests, with support for nose plugins;
  • Several new quickfixes, for example, one to add forgotten ‘self.’ qualifier for instance attribute access;
  • New intentions, such as ‘join ifs’;
  • Support for Python 3 parameter and function annotations for specifying types used by code analysis and code completion;
  • A number of other fixes and productivity improvements.

You can download the new build from the EAP page. In the coming days, we plan to publish a number of blog posts (and maybe even screencasts) describing how to use the new features of PyCharm 1.1 in more detail.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

11 Responses to PyCharm build 100.34 is available

1. Rob W says:

December 10, 2010

Bad news, as 100.34 appears to be DOA for me.

I just downloaded and installed 100.34. Upon launch, I get an error message about an IDE fatal error followed by an error about indexes. Then some things blink, I get a red icon in the bottom. I’ve done the report thing a few iterations, but after reporting and clearing — the list of errors just repopulates. Again and again, even if I restart.

I did not see this issue running the prior 1.1 EAP — 98.404. Nor with release 1.0.1 (97.87).

Running PyCharm on Windows7 64-bit Pro.

Cheers,
    Rob

2. Eka says:

December 10, 2010

Linux version doesnt work check packing

3. Rob W says:

December 10, 2010

Bad news, as 100.34 appears to be DOA for me.

Running PyCharm on Windows7 64-bit Pro.

Cheers,
    Rob

4. Tweets that mention JetBrains PyCharm Blog » Blog Archive » PyCharm build 100.34 is available -- Topsy.com says:

December 10, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sébastien Douche and Oleg Markhotko, JetBrains PyCharm. JetBrains PyCharm said: [blog] PyCharm build 100.34 is available http://bit.ly/foYK0W […]

5. Yury V. Zaytsev says:

December 10, 2010

At the first glance, the archive has wrongly packaged pych folder. Must be a bug in your release packaging scripts.

6. Peter Smit says:

December 11, 2010

Yes, the linux package has also this folder. When I copied the pycharm.sh to the real bin folder it worked.

7. Yury V. Zaytsev says:

December 11, 2010

I filed few bugs concerning the packaging.

Unfortunately the fix for NumPy / SciPy didn’t make it into this release. I have to admit that a huge progress has been made since the last EAP though. I already noted on several occasions that the IDE is getting smarter than me.

Just a bit more effort to fix the support for numeric modules and I can finally switch to PyCharm 🙂

8. Sayane says:

December 11, 2010

It’s f…ing awesome ! Great work.

9. yole says:

December 11, 2010

Rob,
    Could you please file an issue at http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/ and attach %USERHOME%.PyCharm10systemlogsidea.log ?

10. Rob W says:

December 12, 2010

@Yole

I opened YouTrack PY-2444 for the 100.34 stability issue I’m having and attached the idea.log file. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Rob

11. Sayane says:

December 12, 2010

It seems that something is broken with javascript. I have ExtJs library in my project, but PyCharm doesn’t know about it. It worked in PyCharm 1.0. Is it a bug or am I missing somthing?