PyCharm 1.5.3: some fixes and Mercurial 1.9 support

Posted on by Eugene Toporov

Another bugfix update available for PyCharm — version 1.5.3.

Check out the release notes if you want details about the changes and download the update from PyCharm web site.

And, as usual, there’s something we want to emphasize: Mercurial 1.9 is supported since this update. Enjoy!

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains PyCharm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

10 Responses to PyCharm 1.5.3: some fixes and Mercurial 1.9 support

1. Alex says:

July 12, 2011

Hi, can you please point out what was the issue with Mercurial? (I presume it’s something to do with keyring updates?)
    I hope the fix will be ported to PhpStorm as well. Or can I use the Mercurial plugin from PyCharm?

2. yole says:

July 12, 2011

PyCharm was affected by an internal refactoring in Mercurial. I’m not sure if there’s going to be PhpStorm 2.1.2 update; if there will be one, the fix will be included. Copying the plugin from PyCharm to PhpStorm is also quite likely to work fine.

3. Alex says:

July 12, 2011

Yes, worked great and I can now push successfully from within IDE. Thanks for reply!

4. VoSi says:

July 14, 2011

is there any ETA for 2.0?

5. Eugene Toporov says:

July 18, 2011

@VoSi: PyCharm 2.0 is planned for release in Q4’2011; there will be further 1.5.x updates before that

6. Rudy says:

August 1, 2011

doest it work in jdk 7?

7. Alan says:

August 15, 2011

Is there an ETA for the next bugfix release? I was bitten by PY-3767 in 1.5.3 and it would be nice to know whether the fix will ship any time soon.

8. Dmitry Jemerov says:

August 16, 2011

Alan,
    We plan to release PyCharm 1.5.4 before the end of August. However, I believe that all changes related to PY-3767 are already included in the 1.5.3 release. Please file a separate issue with more details (in particular, the snippet from settings.py where you define STATICFILES_DIRS).

9. Shiraz says:

June 18, 2014

what is the build no for Pycharm 1.5.3. I am unable to find it anywhere. Can someone please mention that. I need it for one of my reserach projects

• Eugene Toporov says: