PyCharm 2017.3 is out now!
Posted on by
PyCharm 2017.3 is here: it’s faster, more usable, and better for data science.
- We’ve worked hard to make creating and selecting Python interpreters easier. For example, PyCharm 2017.3 will remember if you prefer to put your virtualenv in your project folder, or in a separate folder (like your WORKON_HOME folder).
- A new scientific mode, which puts all the tools you need for data science at your fingertips (Scientific mode is only available in PyCharm Professional Edition)
- We’ve built an all new HTTP client for those of you who build (REST) APIs. You can now write a request in a .http file, and then run it straight from the editor (Web development features are only available in PyCharm Professional Edition)
- Django 2.0 will be out soon, and we’re happy to announce that PyCharm 2017.3 fully supports the new version (Django support is only available in PyCharm Professional Edition)
- PyCharm 2017.3 supports running Python modules (
python -m <module name>)
- We’ve added support for SSH config files: if you’re using a complex setup with jump hosts, you can now connect to your machines effortlessly using the same config that you use on the command line (SSH is only supported in PyCharm Professional Edition)