We’re happy to announce that PyCharm 2018.1.1 is now available from our website!
Please update manually
Due to an error on our side, PyCharm 2018.1 will not inform you that the new version is available. Please either download PyCharm 2018.1.1 from our website or alternatively click Help | Check for Updates (on macOS: PyCharm | Check for Updates).
Improved @dataclass support
Data classes are a Python 3.7 feature that many developers are looking forward to. As Python 3.7 isn’t final yet, some details were changed recently. After an update to the PEP, we’ve made improvements to our support:
hashparameter was changed to
unsafe_hash. This parameter forces @dataclass to generate the
__hash__dunder method, even if the
frozenparameter is set to False. In this case, the hash of your class can change if you make any changes to your class’s fields. A changing hash will break data structures that depend on it, like Dict. The Python core developers wanted to highlight that this should be done very carefully.
- We now warn you if you use a parameter to generate a method which you’ve already defined.
- Pip 10.0 is now supported. A compatibility issue with IPython 6.3.0 was resolved.
- Matplotlib plots are now correctly shown for scripts executed with “Run in Python Console”.
- Django or Flask is now installed if you create a new project of those types on a remote machine
- And more: read the release notes for details