PyCharm 2020.1.2 is out now with fixes that will improve your software development experience. Update from within PyCharm (Help | Check for Updates), using the JetBrains Toolbox, or by downloading the new version from our website.
In this version of PyCharm:
- The new action ‘Rescan Available Python Modules and Packages’ was added
- We added support for Coverage 5.0+
- We fixed a bug that made the cursor jump to the __call__ method of the metaclass instead of the class declaration when using ‘go to declaration’ on classes.
- We fixed a bug that triggered a false positive inspection “Unexpected argument” for Python 3 enum.Enum() functional constructor.
- We fixed a bug that now makes CSS/SCSS formatter aware of CSS3 grid-layout properties.
- we fixed a bug that made the data area on the ‘Data View’ window is too small after window shrink and expand.
- We fixed a bug that was freezing the editor when displaying documentation for some Matplotlib symbols.
And many more small fixes, see our release notes for details.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
PyCharm 2023.3.4: AI Assistant’s Efficiency Boosters and a more powerful Django Structure tool window
This year, we are trying out a new approach with our releases, moving away from a quarterly schedule to more regular monthly feature-rich releases. This change is intended to deliver new features more rapidly and streamline the feedback process. Upgrade to PyCharm 2023.3.4 New AI Assistant…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 6: In-editor Code Review
Our new EAP build for PyCharm 2024.1 is now available for you to download! This new build is packed with a bunch of updates to the integration with version control systems. You can download the new version from our website, update directly from the IDE or via the free Toolbox App, or use snaps…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5: Model Cards for Hugging Face Models, Updates for the HTTP Client, and More
Packed with numerous new features and enhancements, PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5 brings extended support for GitHub Actions, updates to the HTTP Client, and much more.