PyCharm 2020.2.3 is ready to be downloaded and brings some fixes that will improve your productivity. Update from within PyCharm (Help | Check for Updates), from the JetBrains Toolbox, or by downloading the new version from our website.
Included in this build:
- The search everywhere pop-up is no longer opened partially offscreen.
- Fixed a bug where autocompletion for TypeVar didn’t consider its upper bounds.
- Fixed a regression that affected the Python console code completion.
- Fixed support for PEP-484 compatible typing in Cython.
- Fixed a bug with pipenv lock that generated an error message.
- Fixed an issue that made updating the Python interpreter very slow or even ‘infinite’.
- Fixed a problem with Angular Schematics, that now are loaded correctly.
- Fixed the performance issue with optics-ts in TypeScript projects.
For the full list of improvements check the release notes.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.