PyCharm 2021.1 EAP 5 is Out!
We’ve addressed a long list of issues in this bug-fix release. Here’s just a few of the major fixes:
- UX: The IDE no longer gets stuck when you cancel the process of opening (starting up) a project. [IDEA-239130]
- Search Everywhere: The search now works without you having to clear the cache. [IDEA-262899]
- Python console: Starting the console after closing it no longer creates several console instances. [PY-46500]
- Code insight: PyCharm no longer suggests adding type hints to functions that already have them. [PY-31369]
- CSS: Selectors created using the
&_suffix are now supported for CSS preprocessors. [WEB-35215]
For the full list, please read the release notes.
Important! PyCharm EAP builds are not fully tested and might be unstable.
Ready to join the EAP?
Some ground rules
- EAP builds are free to use and expire 30 days after the build date.
- You can install an EAP build side by side with your stable PyCharm version.
- These builds are not fully tested and can be unstable.
- Your feedback is always welcome. Please use our issue tracker and make sure to mention your build version
How to download
Download this EAP from our website. Alternatively, you can use the JetBrains Toolbox App to stay up to date throughout the entire EAP. If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, you can use snap to get PyCharm EAP and stay up to date.
The PyCharm team