PyCharm 2021.1 EAP 5 is Out!
We’ve addressed a long list of issues in this bug-fix release. Here’s just a few of the major fixes:
- UX: The IDE no longer gets stuck when you cancel the process of opening (starting up) a project. [IDEA-239130]
- Search Everywhere: The search now works without you having to clear the cache. [IDEA-262899]
- Python console: Starting the console after closing it no longer creates several console instances. [PY-46500]
- Code insight: PyCharm no longer suggests adding type hints to functions that already have them. [PY-31369]
- CSS: Selectors created using the
&_suffix are now supported for CSS preprocessors. [WEB-35215]
For the full list, please read the release notes.
Important! PyCharm EAP builds are not fully tested and might be unstable.
Ready to join the EAP?
Some ground rules
- EAP builds are free to use and expire 30 days after the build date.
- You can install an EAP build side by side with your stable PyCharm version.
- These builds are not fully tested and can be unstable.
- Your feedback is always welcome. Please use our issue tracker and make sure to mention your build version
How to download
Download this EAP from our website. Alternatively, you can use the JetBrains Toolbox App to stay up to date throughout the entire EAP. If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, you can use snap to get PyCharm EAP and stay up to date.
The PyCharm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open!
UI/UX Enhancements, Support for PEP 647, and More The Early Access Program for PyCharm 2023.3 kicks off today, offering you a sneak peek of the exciting new features and improvements we expect to include in the next major release. If you’re not familiar with how the EAP works, please read this…
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 5: Black Formatter Integration, Endpoints Tool Window for Django REST Framework
This EAP build includes the Black formatter integration, a new Endpoints tool window for Django REST framework, the Run Anything tool, support for installing dependencies from pyproject.toml, inlay parameter name hints, and much more!
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 4 Is Out!
The third EAP build brings improvements that include the new AI assistant and support for DevContainers.