Tutorial: Developing FastAPI Applications using K8s & AWS
We’re happy to announce the new PyCharm Guide tutorial by Mukul Mantosh, this time on FastAPI, Kubernetes, and AWS. In the video below he talks to Paul Everitt and shares a sneak peek at what you should expect from this amazing — almost 6 hours long — course. Let’s take a quick look!
REST APIs In The Cloud
In this free tutorial, you will build a sample e-commerce application with everything along the way and then deploy it to AWS with Kubernetes. Here’s what it looks like:
- Introducing FastAPI, a modern, fast (high-performance), web framework
- Setting up FastAPI project type in PyCharm Professional
- Setting up the database connection and migrations
- Implementing the REST APIs with routing and CRuD
- Configuring Celery & Redis with FastAPI
- Integrating FastAPI with JWT Tokens
- Writing Unit Tests using Pytest & Asyncio
- Writing K8s manifests & deploying in minikube
- Deploying application using EKS, RDS, ElastiCache, Route53 & AWS Certificate Manager
- Combine your K8s manifests into a single package using Helm Charts
Each of the 17 sections includes a narrated video demonstration, text explaining everything, and working code snippets.
This isn’t the first long-form tutorial series from Mukul. He’s done two previously on AWS in the PyCharm Guide:
- Developing Serverless APIs using AWS Toolkit covers
shows you how to run, build, and deploy serverless functions in PyCharm. This tutorial also had a webinar session with Calvin Hendryx-Parker from Six Feet Up, joined by Michael Kennedy.
- Developing Django Application using AWS goes through running, building, testing, and deploying Django application in PyCharm using NICE DCV. We had a
blog post with a longer introduction.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Build Django Apps on Google Cloud With PyCharm and Cloud Code
Learn how to build and run your applications both in a local Kubernetes cluster (Docker Desktop or Minikube) and remotely in Google Kubernetes Engine using Cloud Code and PyCharm.
Meet the PyCharm team at EuroPython!
Meet the PyCharm team at Europython 2023! Join a talk by Paul Everitt, Q&A for data science newbies by Jodie Burchell, experts from Anaconda, Hugging face and come by the JetBrains booth to see what's new in PyCharm!
Buy PyCharm. Support Django.
This July, we’re offering new users a 30% discount for PyCharm Professional annual subscriptions. We’ll also donate all of the proceeds from this campaign to the Django Software Foundation.