RubyMine 1.1 RC
RubyMine 1.1 is ready but we do not like releasing on Fridays. So, to let you try all the new stuff earlier than later, we release the Release Candidate now!
What is in RubyMine 1.1:
- Rails 2.3 support
- Application templates support on project creation
- Localized views support
- Improved code insight and rails-specific completion
- HAML syntax highlighting
- Cucumber BDD framework support (thanks to Aslak Hellesoy for helping from Cucumber side!)
Note: you need the latest Cucumber 0.3.7 gem
- .feature files syntax highlighting
- GUI Test Runner for Cucumber
- Cucumber Run Configurations
- Remote Debug for Ruby and Rails
- DRb server support for RSpec.
- And other IDE improvements such as
- Create New Ruby Class option
- Load selected code to IRB console (Alt+Shift+L / ⌥⇧L)
- Platform specific IDE Help, with corresponding default shortcuts
If you have questions about some features, ask on the forum and we’ll be glad to help.
-JetBrains RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
RubyMine 2022.2 Released
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.2 is now available! Below is a brief overview of the most notable features. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What's New page. Support for Rails URLs With RubyMine 2022.2 you can click links in server logs for View, Route, and other references to navi…
RubyMine 2022.1.1 Is Available
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.1.1, the first bug-fix update for the current major version, is now available. You can update using the Toolbox App, right from inside the IDE, or by downloading RubyMine 2022.1.1 from our website. With this update we fixed the issues that were caused when Rails 3 support wa…
RubyMine Plans to Retire Support for Rails 3 and Other Outdated Features
Dear all, As some of you already know, RubyMine 2022.1 was shipped without support for Rails 3. The reason for this decision was quite simple: Rails 3 reached End Of Life many years ago, and most of you had long since switched to the newer Rails releases. Hence, continuing to support Rails 3 in Rub…
RubyMine 2022.1 Released
Hello everyone, RubyMine 2022.1 is now available! Below is a brief overview of the most notable features. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What’s New page. Support for new language features RubyMine 2022.1 includes support for most of the new Ruby and RBS features introdu…