Today we are going to tell you about forthcoming Rails i18n support in RubyMine. This functionality is planned for RubyMine 1.5 release in our roadmap, and you will be able to try it in next EAP builds. Feature is under development so comments, suggestions and even feature requests are very welcome
At the moment RubyMine supports the following:
- Resolve and completion for property keys with quick navigation info. Autocompletion for property keys:
- Go to declaration action:
- Convenient usages search for property keys
- Rename property key in locale files with all usages
- Rails conventions for templates key prefixes
- Inspection with quickfix for undefined property key. RubyMine offers to apply “Create property” quickfix.
Not all the desired functionality is implemented yet, but we are working hard on it. Just want to mention some of the further feautures:
- Duplicate property key Inspection
- Intention to i18nize plain text value
- Check whether all the keys present in given locale file
- your suggestions?
Please do not hesistate and let us know your opinion about all this at our forum at: http://www.jetbrains.net/devnet/community/ruby
-JetBrains RubyMine Team