RubyMine 5.4.3: RubyMotion is All Around

Tatiana Vasilyeva

Hello everyone,

As far as you know starting with version 5 RubyMine is not only Ruby and Rails IDE, but RubyMotion IDE as well. Since then we’ve met a lot of people being excited about developing iOS apps with RubyMine. We’ve also got a lot of feedback on the Dennis’s talk at RubyMotion #inspect and on Andrey’s workshop at #iOSonRailsConf. Recently  RubyMotion went 2.0 and got a bunch of new features including OS X support.

Today we are glad to announce that starting from version 5.4.3 RubyMine provides full support for developing with RubyMotion in a more productive manner with such features as code completion, quick-fixes and syntax highlighting. You can also run, test and debug your applications both on simulator and device. Here is a full list of all the new fixes.

Take a look at this tutorial to learn more on RubyMotion support in RubyMine. And feel free to upgrade to the latest version either using ‘Check for updates’ from RubyMine’s main menu or by downloading and installing the latest build.

Please don’t forget to let us know about any issues you might be facing via RubyMine issue tracker.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

8 Responses to RubyMine 5.4.3: RubyMotion is All Around

1. Alex V. says:

July 2, 2013

RubyMine 5.4.3.2.1 , please, add “.0” to complete it 🙂 .

Great job, RM team. Since already long time RM is
    very solid, stable environment. It is pleasure to code.

Thanks.

• daria.dovzhikova says:

July 16, 2013

Thank you, Alex!

2. Yuri says:

July 18, 2013

Will it be available for Idea with ruby plugin?

• Yuri says:

July 22, 2013

If anyone else is interested, Idea is expected to have RubyMotion support closer to the end of this year, as I was informed by support team.

3. David Edgerton says:

July 18, 2013

I recently got back into coding and bought the RubyMine product after getting into Ruby and the Sinatra framework. I can’t say how happy I am using the tool to develop my projects. I also wanted to get into doing iOS apps and bought RubyMotion. The integration of the toolkit with the IDE is awesome. I’m glad I decided to get back into coding when I did because the tools that are available now are definitely better than 10-15 years ago. Thanks guys for providing what I need to have a really great creative experience.

• daria.dovzhikova says:

July 31, 2013

Thank you very much, David!

4. Gary says:

February 10, 2014

Curious.. I see a lot of the docs and blog postings for RubyMotion support referring to RubyMine 5.4.. Does RubyMine 6 still support it? seems missing from the features page for RubyMine 6..

thanks!
    Gary

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

February 18, 2014

Yes, it still support it! All the features from previous versions are available in 6.0.