RubyMine 2019.3 EAP Is Open!
RubyMine 2019.3 EAP (build 193.2956.44) is now open! In this release, our main focus has been on your feedback and the IDE quality: we’ve added a mapping of Rubocop severities to RubyMine inspection severities, fixed up navigation to usages of class or module constants, resolved a number of issues related to find usages and polymorphic association code insight, and so on. We’ve also polished some of the editor capabilities related to Ruby 2.7 support.
Here’s the list of improvements that have been made:
- Rubocop severity mapping [RUBY-23098].
- Navigation to usages of class or module constants [RUBY-19766].
- Separate interactive console for the Rails console [RUBY-16846].
- Using @param and @return annotations to infer object types [RUBY-24959].
- Saving method visibility since the last use of Extract method [RUBY-20974].
This build also contains important bug fixes:
- Find usages [RUBY-22561] [RUBY-24651] [RUBY-24396].
- Polymorphic association code insight [RUBY-21636] [RUBY-23300] [RUBY-23045].
- ‘activeadmin’ gem breaks resolution of the ‘create’ methods [RUBY-21964].
- Action Mailer issues [RUBY-24129] [RUBY-9998].
Don’t hesitate to add any of your comments under this post or to the issues. We value them.
Your RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
RubyMine 2023.3 EAP Update
Hello everyone! We’re back with an update on the state of the 2023.3 Early Access Program. You can download the latest EAP build from our website, via the free Toolbox App, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Here are the biggest highlights of this release: Performance improvements As we me…
The RubyMine 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open!
Hello everyone, The third RubyMine Early Access Program of 2023 is underway! The key change in the first EAP build is an important indexing optimization. By refactoring our code base, we’ve doubled RubyMine’s indexing speed compared to v2023.1. This is particularly noticeable when working…
Performance Improvements in RubyMine 2023.1
Hello everybody, The new release is fast approaching, so it’s time to unveil the performance enhancements you can expect from RubyMine 2023.1. Faster code completion When developing and supporting RubyMine, we analyze a great load of anonymized usage data. A lot of recent data pointed to the fact t…
RubyMine 2023.1 EAP5 Is Out!
Hello everyone, RubyMine 2023.1 EAP5 is now available! Below you can find the most notable features in this build. We encourage you to try them out and share your feedback in the comments or in our issue tracker. Migration of Ruby code to the Symbol API In order to improve code insight actions such…