TeamCity 9.1 release: truly historical and very personal builds
So here it comes – after half a year and over 500 fixes since version 9.0 was released, despite being a minor version, TeamCity 9.1 brings you major improvements!
The new build is coming out with significantly enhanced capabilities to store the project settings in the VCS: now the settings in your build can be different from those currently on the TeamCity server, which means that you can:
- run true historical builds: use a particular revision of the source code and run a build with the corresponding project settings
- store different settings in different branches, and run a build in a particular branch with the settings from this branch
- change project settings in your IDE, and run a personal build/pre-tested commit with these custom settings.
Good news for .Net developers – this release brings enhanced .NET tools support:
- anticipating the upcoming release of Visual Studio 2015, TeamCity already supports the latest versions of the tools in the Visual Studio 2015 lineup
- Windows PowerShell 5.0 is also supported
- the new Visual Studio Tests runner integrates the MSTest and VSTest runners
- Mutual support between TeamCity and NUnit 3.0 guarantees compatibility of NUnit and TeamCity future releases.
As with every release, we were busy with UI improvements, and one of the most noticeable is probably ANSI-coloring support in our build log, which presents endless possibilities for those with artistic aptitude:
Download and install TeamCity 9.1 now!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CVE-2023-42793 Vulnerability in TeamCity: Post-Mortem
In this post, we describe the actions taken by the TeamCity team after the critical CVE-2023-42793 vulnerability was discovered.
Critical Security Issue Affecting TeamCity On-Premises – Update to 2023.05.4 Now
A critical security issue was recently identified in TeamCity On-Premises. Please upgrade to 2023.05.4 now.
TeamCity 2023.05.4 Is Available
Just shy of a month since our August bug-fix update, we're rolling out the 2023.05.4 update for TeamCity On-Premises. This version features a minor enhancement that allows you to modify the format of timestamps in TeamCity build logs, security issue fixes, and a few quite significant performance upd…