TeamCity 2021.2.1 is here
The first bugfix update for TeamCity 2021.2 is already available for download!
Version 2021.2.1 comes with 70+ fixes, including:
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) improvements:
- Fixed behavior when users weren’t able to sign in to TeamCity due to the time difference between the TeamCity server and a 2FA authenticator’s device.
- There is no more need to disable 2FA to remotely run and debug TeamCity builds from Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse. Now, you can use basic token-based authentication, similarly to how it’s done without 2FA.
If you are an IntelliJ platform user, this combination has been working since the very release of TeamCity 2FA.
- The point above is also relevant for accessing a TeamCity NuGet feed: if 2FA is enabled for your account, you can pass an access token to authenticate in the TeamCity feed and browse its packages from the command line or IDEs.
- Regression fixes for 2021.2 version of the .NET build runner.
We strongly recommend upgrading, as this release also brings multiple security and performance fixes.
The full list of fixes is available in our release notes.
As any minor update, 2021.2.1 shares the same data format with all the 2021.2.x releases, so you can easily upgrade/downgrade TeamCity within these versions without performing a backup/restore procedure.
Check the upgrade notes and use one of the following options to upgrade:
- upgrade from your recent version with our automatic update
- download the new version from the website
- pull the TeamCity Docker image