Ladies and gentlemen, it gives us great pleasure to let you know that a certain developer tools company has just released a magnificent tool for development teams into the market.
Yes, we’re talking about JetBrains Upsource, the new on-premises repository browser and code review tool that’s been available for early access for a few months. Today Upsource 1.0 hits RTM and becomes available for purchase.
As a quick reminder, here’s what you and your team can do with Upsource 1.0:
- Access code in Git, Mercurial, Subversion and Perforce repositories: Explore and monitor all your VCS repositories from a central location, using a common friendly UI. Both internal company’s repositories and externally hosted repositories such as those at GitHub can be handled by Upsource.
- Keep track of code changes: Navigate to specific revisions, inspect diffs inline or side-by-side. Track recent commits, branches and merges, or search the project history to learn who did what and when.
- Explore any revision of your code base: Enjoy quick read access to the current or any prior state of your project’s code, without having to check out locally. Browse project structure, view syntax-highlighted files, search for code, files and text.
- Discuss and review code: Discuss code and changes with teammates, create code reviews on individual revisions or entire branches, or keep the team up to date with important changes in the code base.
- Use code insight in Java projects: Take advantage of code inspections when reading or reviewing code in Java projects, search for usages, or navigate to symbol declarations, as if you were using IntelliJ IDEA.
- Share links to code: Use URLs to link to everything in code, including revisions, branches, code reviews, diffs, discussions, reports, search filters, files, or even selections in code.
Here’s a set of fresh Upsource videos by Hadi Hariri to save you a bit of reading:
In addition to the free 10-user pack, we offer several commercial user packs ranging from 25 to 1000 users. As usual for JetBrains tools, every license is perpetual and includes 1 year of free upgrades.
By the way, if you’re a non-commercial OS developer or a faculty member in an educational institution, take note that we provide Open Source and Classroom licenses from the get-go.
Whoever you are, today is just the perfect day to download Upsource, give it a try and hopefully make your team enjoy the product.