WebStorm 2022.1 Release Candidate Is Here
With the release date just around the corner, we’re happy to present the release candidate for WebStorm 2022.1. Unlike previous EAP builds, this one requires you to have an active WebStorm license. Otherwise, you will need to sign up for a 30-day free trial to install and run this build.
Let’s take a brief look at the most interesting improvements available in v2022.1:
- Better Next.js support: WebStorm 2022.1 improves the experience of working with Next.js. In particular, we’ve improved support for framework-specific things like pages.
- ESM support for webpack configuration: From now on, webpack coding assistance will work with ES modules in your webpack.config.js files.
- Improvements for Docker: We’ve reworked Docker’s UI in the Services tool window and added support for Docker Registry HTTP API V2 to use with Docker 1.6+.
- Run commands from Markdown files: You can now run commands right from your README files – just click on the Run icon to the left of the command.
- Notifications tool window: We’ve replaced WebStorm’s Event Log with a new Notifications tool window to help you maintain a better overview of important notifications from the IDE.
- Updated Annotate with Git Blame: We’ve improved the functionality of Annotate with Git Blame to make investigating introduced changes easier.
To find out what else has been implemented in WebStorm 2022.1, check out our previous EAP blog posts.
Please report any issues to our issue tracker, and stay tuned for the upcoming release announcement.
The WebStorm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
WebStorm 2024.1 EAP Digest #2: Documentation in Completion, Component Usages, JSX Structure, and More
Read our second 2024.1 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes to make it into the upcoming release.
WebStorm 2024.1 Early Access Program Is Now Open!
Our 2024.1 Early Access Program is now open! Read our first EAP digest to discover the latest enhancements in WebStorm.
WebStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Here!
The WebStorm 2023.3 RC is now available! Read about some of the most exciting improvements making it into the release.