Fresh YouTrack 6.5 (build 16853) Is Out

Posted on by Valerie Andrianova

Please welcome a fresh update for the YouTrack 6.5 (build 16853).

Burndown chart

This minor update includes a number of important bug fixes and improvements,  including:

• JT-31129 — No way to replace one bundle with another
  • JT-28020 — Remaining effort does not update when deleting an issue
  • JT-32098 — Incorrect burndown in case of manipulating of resolved states
  • JT-31646 — Jira integration: Import issues with changes in the reporter field
  • JT-32141 — VCS Integration: select SSL Key doesn’t work
  • JT-32328 — Jira import do not import issue comments

Please check the full list of the Release Notes for more details.

Download YouTrack 6.5 (build 16853) and enjoy the latest updates.

If you’re using YouTrack InCloud, we’ll upgrade your instance to the latest version on Monday November 2, according to our Maintenance Calendar.

Keep tracking with pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

15 Responses to Fresh YouTrack 6.5 (build 16853) Is Out

1. Joel Feiner says:

November 2, 2015

At long last, I’m able to connect my YouTrack instance with my Gitlab instance!

However, commits that reference issue numbers do not seem to cause the commit to show up in the VCS Changes tab. Does the reference have to be in the body of the commit instead of the subject line? Is there something else I’m missing. The documentation is very unclear on this part (only a single line about it: https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/YTD65/Integration+with+GitLab).

• Valerie Andrianova says:

November 3, 2015

Hello Joel,
      You need to mention issue ID along with the command you want to apply in the commit comment. Please see the GitHub integration doc for more details:https://blog.jetbrains.com/youtrack/2015/10/fresh-youtrack-6-5-build-16853-is-out/#comments

• Joel Feiner says:

November 3, 2015

If I just want to note that the commit addresses some part of the issue but doesn’t fix it or close it or reopen it, what do I do?

Also, the link you provided is to this comment section, not the documentation.

• alexander.volfman says:

November 3, 2015

Hello Joel,
      Please also make sure that your YouTrack host is accessible for connections from GitLab server.

• Joel Feiner says:

November 3, 2015

It should be, as I’ve been able to have GitLab put in reference links when I reference an issue via git commits with the # syntax (e.g., #PROJ-123).

Is there something else I need to set up on the GitLab side to make this work? The documentation made it seem like I only need to set up it on the YouTrack side, aside from getting the private key, which I did.

• alexander.volfman says:

November 3, 2015

I have to admit the last comment confused me quite a bit. Do I get it right that when you mention #PROJ-123 in a commit message, the commit gets mentioned on the issue’s Vcs Changes changes tab?

• Joel Feiner says:

November 3, 2015

In YouTrack, I do *NOT* see the commit referenced in the VCS changes tab if the commit contains #PROJ-123 in the subject (I haven’t tested with putting it in the body).

In GitLab, it converts #PROJ-123 in a commit message to be a link to the issue URL in YouTrack. I only mentioned that to indicate that I’m able to give GitLab knowledge of the YouTrack server, albeit in a limited fashion. It’s not, in the end, relevant to the VCS changes tab in YouTrack.

• Jerome says:

February 18, 2016

Hey Joel,

Were you ever able to get this resolved?

I’m having the same issue, too. When I mention the YouTrack issue in my commit, I see the number in the VCS Changes tab increment, but when I switch to the tab there is never anything in the body.

I try to test the webhook from inside the GitLab project settings, and it states “Hook execution failed:” with a blank message, however the VCS Changes tab number will increment if there are commits that get pushed along with the test (but the body of the tab always stays blank).

Thanks in advance!

2. Mark Freedman says:

November 7, 2015

The link to the releases notes is wrong. It only references 2 issues. Can you please correct this so I can see exactly what this fix does? Thanks.

• Valerie Andrianova says:

November 10, 2015

Hi Mark,
      Thanks for reporting, updated the Release Notes.

3. Minuk Choi says:

November 11, 2015

This is great! Upgrading from 6.5.16655, I can connect YouTrack projects to GitLab projects owned by Group! Well, mostly… I am seeing that I am missing some GitLab projects from the repo dropdown in the VCS integration.

This is very close for my needs; are you guys aware of this issue?

Keep up the great work!

4. Shrike says:

November 12, 2015

Hi!
    I wonder do you have any roadmap for YT? I mean next big release(s).
    It’d nice to have some insight into what to expect next.

• Valerie Andrianova says:

November 12, 2015

Hi Shrike,
      I’m working on the Roadmap at the moment. Will be published within a week.

Thanks,