Introducing YouTrack Mobile
We are happy to announce the release of YouTrack Mobile, a native mobile application for iOS and Android.
Here is a short story behind this app: we presented the YouTrack Mobile project at last year’s JetBrains Hackathon. The idea was pretty popular among our internal users and external customers. After several months of silence, we decided to get back to it as a 20% side project. Today, we are happy to present YouTrack Mobile to all our customers.
What you can do with YouTrack Mobile:
- Use it on iOS or Android devices.
- Use it with YouTrack 7+ version.
- Log in and stay authorized via OAuth 2.0, meaning that you don’t need to retype your login and password if you’re already logged in in your browser. Simply choose Log in via Browser option, or log in with your YouTrack credentials.
- Enjoy a clean, minimalistic view of the issues list, along with the search box aided by query completion.
- Create new issues easily. Select the project, provide a summary and description, set any other fields you need, add attachments and tap Create.
- Open an issue to see all its details, tags, links, comments and attachments. All fields are available at the bottom.
- What you can do with an issue:
- Edit issue details by using simple wiki markup
- Update field values on the fly
- View tags, issue links, and attachments
- Add attachments
- Write comments
What’s not yet available but on the list:
- Adding tags
- Linking issues
- Enable push notifications
- Increased reliability and performance
- Known issues
One more great thing behind YouTrack Mobile, this is an open source project. The source code is available under the JetBrains Repository on GitHub. Thanks to modern cross-platform React Native framework, the app is available on both Android and iOS. The last, but not the least, YouTrack Mobile is really lightweight. It’s only 5 MB for iOS, and 8 MB for Android. You are welcome to contribute to extend its functionality and make it better.
Please note that this is only an initial version of YouTrack Mobile; we are only starting. We do listen and appreciate all feedback, comments and feature requests. Please try it and share your feedback, in the comments below, and submit bugs here.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Discover the Power of JetBrains AI in YouTrack for Free
The power of generative AI is now freely available to teams using YouTrack! AI Assistant, powered by JetBrains AI, is available in YouTrack 2023.3.
YouTrack Now With Improved Knowledge Base Collaboration
The YouTrack 2023.2 release brings powerful updates to article collaboration in the Knowledge Base, improves the experience of both support teams and customers within helpdesk projects, adds Turkish language support, and supercharges YouTrack’s performance for everyone working with tasks.
Helpdesk Projects Arrive in YouTrack
YouTrack 2023.1 introduces YouTrack Helpdesk, which enables you to streamline your customer support services for both external and internal clients.