CLion 2017.2 EAP: fixes in C++ parser and Clang-Tidy integration, C++17 in the New Project wizard and more
Meet our new CLion 2017.2 EAP (build 172.3095.8)!
Clang-Tidy integration improvements
CLion 2017.2 EAP started with the Clang-Tidy integration. Clang-Tidy warnings are shown the same way as CLion’s own built-in code inspections. Similarly you can use
Alt+Enter to apply Clang-Tidy quick-fixes where available.
This EAP build fixes some issues related to this integration:
- CLion used to continue highlighting the code and showing the warning for a couple of seconds after the quick-fix was applied. This is partially fixed now. The problem only left for the cases when the fix and the warning are located in various lines, or when the user calls Undo for a quick-fix.
- False inspection is fixed (CPP-9404).
- Clang-Tidy checks invoked from CLion are now generally more accurate (CLion now passes proper compilation settings, user and system headers, and other information to Clang-Tidy).
This build provides fixes for:
- Issue with constructor inheritance with using and type alias names (CPP-2807).
- False warning about parameter type mismatch for
- And a couple of regressions introduced recently (CPP-9834, CPP-9991).
We continue our work on performance improvements in CLion. This EAP build brings fixes for laggy Enter and Backspace handle on some projects (when, for example, cursor enters a new block, moves to a new line and causes the code indent).
C++17 is just around the corner. Besides, CLion now includes bundled CMake 3.8, that supports
set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD 17) command to set C++17 for the project. Therefore we’ve added C++17 option to the list of standards in the New Project… wizard:
set command will be added to CMakeLists.txt generated for your new project in this case.
Check the full release notes here.
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CLion 2023.3 Release Candidate
CLion 2023.3 is on its way, and the release candidate for v2023.3 is already available! To install CLion 2023.3 RC (build 233.11799.171), download it from the website, update via the Toolbox App, or use this snap package (for Ubuntu). You need an active subscription or a trial license to use CLi…
CLion 2023.3 Goes Beta
The Beta version of CLion Classic 2023.3 is now available with key improvements and changes that are expected in the upcoming release. Download build 233.11799.37 from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package for Ubuntu. If you are using CLion Nova, note that we do not plan to release…
CLion 2023.3 EAP6: Support for Intel Syntax in Assembly Views
Grab the fresh CLion 2023.3 EAP5 build (233.11555.2) from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you are using Ubuntu, or update via a patch if you’re using the previous EAP build. DOWNLOAD CLION EAP Intel syntax in the Assembly view Previously, CLion 2023.3 EAP added an Assembly…
CLion 2023.3 EAP5 With the Enhanced Bazel for CLion Plugin and Memory Leak Analysis
According to our Developer Ecosystem survey, 57% of C++ developers used CMake in 2022. However, there are other project models and build systems that are also popular in the C++ ecosystem. Just a couple of weeks ago, we added Meson support in CLion 2023.3. If you use Meson in your projects, conside…