CLion 2022.1 EAP5: Setting to Reload CMake Profiles Sequentially, Fixes in Quick Documentation and Toolchains, and a Project Generator for Rust
The new CLion 2022.1 EAP build, 221.5080.1, is now available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package (if you are using Ubuntu). Please note that if you are on macOS, there is a separate build for Apple Silicon (M1 chip). Those of you already using the EAP4 build can apply a patch to update to EAP5.
Here are the main highlights:
- CLion now supports MSYS2 MinGW, starting with version 126.96.36.19973.5be8fcd83-2 (CPP-28403).
- Project model:
- By default, CMake profiles are reloaded in parallel in CLion. In some cases, this might cause issues when reloading CMake. To resolve this, we’ve added an option to reload CMake profiles sequentially. You can find it in Settings/Preferences | Advanced Settings | CMake:
- Fixed a syntax highlighting issue in Makefile (CPP-24010).
- We’ve implemented several enhancements for code completion (CPP-27347, CPP-27465, CPP-28265).
- In the Quick Documentation pop-up, we’ve fixed the incorrect formatting of the macro replacement when there is a
usingkeyword in the macro (CPP-28558).
If you are interested in trying the Rust language, a new stub project generator for Rust projects will help you even if you don’t have the Rust plugin installed. It will help you install the plugin
and gracefully navigate you through project creation:
The full release notes are available here.
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CLion 2023.3 EAP2: Support for Device Tree Files and Meson
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program has just started, featuring assembly view for files, enhanced C++ data flow analysis, and other updates. The CLion 2023.3 EAP2 build is ready for you to try! With it, you can finally start working on Meson projects in CLion and benefit from device tree format s…
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open
We recently shared our preliminary plans for v2023.3, which we plan to release at the end of November. We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program (EAP) starts today! Our EAP lets the community participate in discussions devoted to our products and influence the developm…
CLion 2023.2.2 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.2 is now available! The fixes included in this bug-fix update are listed below. Download build 232.9921.42 from our website, through the Toolbox App, as a snap package for Ubuntu, or via a patch from inside the IDE. DOWNLOAD CLION This update’s main highlights includ…
CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so! The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include: The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access. Streamlined integratio…