dotTrace 3.0 EAP Started
As David Stennett succinctly put it in the last post, one reason why our software excels is because of community participation in its direct development. As we open dotTrace 3.0 Early Access Program (EAP), we invite you to provide your feedback and help shape the final product into the best it can be!
Your one-stop-shop for all dotTrace EAP resources is http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/NetProf/Home. From there you can see the recent changes, downdload the latest build of dotTrace, participate in forum discussions, and sign up for dotTrace news and announcements. You will also find the link to our bugtracker, where you are very welcome to submit bugs and feature suggestions.
The major features planned for dotTrace 3.0 are:
- Sampling CPU profiling: faster than tracing profiling we use now – at the expense of lower accuracy
- Thread-time CPU profiling: allows measuring contribution of individual threads in multithreaded applications, reducing interference between threads
- Collapsing strongly-connected components of objects graph in memory profiling mode – allows easier navigation through objects in memory snapshots)
- Improved Visual Studio integration allowing profiling of web applications from within Visual Studio
- Ability to save parts of CPU snapshot as separate snapshots
- Users can now navigate to declarations of types in memory snapshots
We look forward to your valuable contributions!
Note: Early-Access-Program (EAP) versions are PRE-BETA RELEASES. EAP versions have bugs. EAP versions are not completed software. EAP versions should not be used on production projects.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Eager, Lazy and Explicit Loading with Entity Framework Core
Entity Framework Core (EF Core) supports a number of ways to load related data. There’s eager loading, lazy loading, and explicit loading. Each of these approaches have their own advantages and drawbacks. In this post, let’s have a quick look at each of these ways to load data for navigational prope…
OSS Power-Ups: bUnit – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: bUnit, with Egil Hansen and Steven Giesel, is available. This was the twelfth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webi…
Accelerating Your Testing Workflow with Unit Test Creation and Navigation
Unit tests play an important role in our daily development workflow. They help us ensure our codebase's correctness when writing new functionality or performing refactorings to improve readability and maintainability. In the process, we often create new test files that accompany the p…
Introducing Predictive Debugging: A Game-Changing Look into the Future
With the introduction of debugging tools, software developers were empowered to interactively investigate the control flow of software programs to find bugs in live environments. At JetBrains, we've always strived to improve the art of debugging. Besides the more standard things you expect from a de…