dotCover 1.0.1, dotTrace 4.0.1 Performance Bugfix Releases
Today we’re coming out with initial bugfix releases for both dotCover and dotTrace Performance.
- What’s new in dotTrace 4.0.1 Performance
- Dramatic performance increase in scenarios involving snapshot navigation and call folding.
- Other profilers are not any more messing with dotTrace registry settings.
- Fixed an issue with tracing mode profiling in certain scenarios incl. SharePoint applications: dotTrace no longer exits after throwing “Can’t get thread handle” exception. (DTRC-4954)
- Fixed an OutOfMemory exception on saving snapshots (DTRC-5034)
- Fixed dotTrace Performance interoperability with Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Attempts to profile Windows Mobile 2003 applications are now handled in a much less obscure manner, with dotTrace clearly telling that this kind of applications is not supported.
- What’s new in dotCover 1.0.1
- Ctrl+Alt+Y – a new shortcut to switch coverage highlighting on/off, plus a new dotCover menu item called Toggle Code Highlighting.
- The Coverage tool window now remembers preferences set during previous run, such as whether to highlight coverage and grouping options, and expanded/collapsed state of coverage tree nodes.
- Auto-generated assemblies, such as those generated during execution of MSTest tests, are no longer taken into account by coverage analysis.
- You can now specify exactly which files are subject to coverage highlighting with filters. dotCover respects the filtering settings not only when it includes items in the coverage tree, but when it highlights coverage as well.
- Fixed issues related to License Information dialog box closing unexpectedly while entering license keys.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Eager, Lazy and Explicit Loading with Entity Framework Core
Entity Framework Core (EF Core) supports a number of ways to load related data. There’s eager loading, lazy loading, and explicit loading. Each of these approaches have their own advantages and drawbacks. In this post, let’s have a quick look at each of these ways to load data for navigational prope…
OSS Power-Ups: bUnit – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: bUnit, with Egil Hansen and Steven Giesel, is available. This was the twelfth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webi…
Accelerating Your Testing Workflow with Unit Test Creation and Navigation
Unit tests play an important role in our daily development workflow. They help us ensure our codebase's correctness when writing new functionality or performing refactorings to improve readability and maintainability. In the process, we often create new test files that accompany the p…
Introducing Predictive Debugging: A Game-Changing Look into the Future
With the introduction of debugging tools, software developers were empowered to interactively investigate the control flow of software programs to find bugs in live environments. At JetBrains, we've always strived to improve the art of debugging. Besides the more standard things you expect from a de…