Following community feedback on the initial beta releases of dotCover 1.1 and dotTrace 4.5 Performance, we have prepared Beta 2 builds of these products for you to try:
Compared to the Beta 1 stage, here’s what sets dotCover 1.1 Beta 2 apart:
- In the console runner, configuration actions can now be taken from the command line (without using XML), and snapshots can be passed directly as arguments.
- Streamlined coverage analysis of web applications: specifically, errors are now better handled during analysis, and a snapshot is opened immediately after clicking “Get snapshot”.
- Bug fixes including those related to suspending and resuming dotCover.
Improvements in dotTrace 4.5 Performance Beta 2 include:
- No more loss of focus on applying zero folding.
- Constructors are now included when you choose to open all public methods of a class in a separate tab.
- Some less noticeable bug fixes and usability improvements.
Note that, due to a bug when switching between editions that we’re yet to resolve, dotTrace 4.5 Performance Beta 2 is released as a development build — that means, exceptions are not suppressed.