dotTrace 5.3 Performance, ReSharper 7.1.1 are Available
Rolling out updates to two .NET tools simultaneously is twice as fun: please download the shiny and new
Major changes in dotTrace 5.3 Performance include:
- The most requested and expected feature: integration with Visual Studio 2012. Prior versions of Visual Studio are still supported as well.
- Integration with ReSharper 7.1 and 7.1.1.
- Support for profiling Windows Store applications, including Windows Store test projects.
- New filters in Hot Spots view: “Filter system functions” and “Filter event-waiting trees”.
- A new measurement method: Thread Cycle Time, in addition to previously available Wall Time (CPU and performance counter) and Thread Time methods.
- An updated Welcome screen that includes Attach To Process button and more cosmetic improvements for a comfortable profiling experience.
dotTrace 5.3 Performance comes as a free upgrade for all dotTrace 5.0 Performance users, as well as for all dotTrace 4.x Performance customers who have purchased the product after February 23, 2012.
ReSharper 7.1.1 is a maintenance release that further refines performance and stability of the ReSharper 7.x family. Notable updates include:
- Unit test runner enhancements related to debugging, inconclusive tests, and Unit Test Output window, among other fixes.
- Bug fixes in the installation wizard, code formatter, IntelliSense, and Remove Unused References.
- Miscellaneous performance improvements.
For further details, please see the entire list of fixes included in ReSharper 7.1.1.
ReSharper 7.1.1 is a free upgrade for all ReSharper 7.x users and also for ReSharper 6.x customers who have purchased their licenses on June 1, 2012 or later.