ReSharper 8.2 is Released Along with dotTrace, dotCover Updates
We are still eager to deliver cross compatible joint releases, that’s why today we prepared a triple update for our .NET tools.
Here’s why these updates can be attractive to you:
As you might have already heard, lately we’ve been working on improving your TypeScript coding experience with ReSharper. Here’s a quick overview of what we’ve done in this regard:
- ReSharper 8.2 significantly expands TypeScript support with smart completion, Create From Usage quick fixes and Import Module context action, navigation combos, naming settings, support for generics and compiler defined errors highlighting. For details on these features, please see an earlier post, More TypeScript support in ReSharper 8.2.
- Other enhancements including Quick Documentation fixes (including a fix to an epic bug that could be easily qualified as the best way to hang and crash Visual Studio), a long-awaited fix for the red code problem with Xamarin installed and another 140+ fixes.
Please note that not all ReSharper plugins are ready for 8.2 and if you’re using plugins, you’ll see update notifications from the Extension Manager as new updates become available.
dotCover 2.7 & dotTrace Performance 5.5.4
With this minor update dotCover receives a standalone test runner which can be most useful for running manual tests outside Visual Studio, as well as for analyzing coverage snapshots.
Both dotCover 2.7 and dotTrace Performance 5.5.4 provide integration with the updated ReSharper 8.2.
In terms of license eligibility, here’s a way to check if your licenses will work with these updates:
- ReSharper 8.2 is a free upgrade for all personal and academic licensees who are eligible for ReSharper 8.0. It’s also a free upgrade with all commercial per-major-version licenses to 8.x, and with commercial subscription-based licenses purchased or renewed on March 21, 2013 or later.
- dotCover 2.7 is a free upgrade for all licensees who have purchased or renewed their licenses on March 21, 2013 or later.
- dotTrace Performance 5.5.4 is a free upgrade for all dotTrace Performance 5 licensees.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Another Look into the Future with Rider’s Predictive Debugger
In the 2023.2 release cycle, we’ve introduced the Predictive Debugger in ReSharper, which gives you predictions about code paths and variables beyond the current execution pointer. We’ve written extensively about its advantages compared to alternative debugging strategies like thorough thinking, log…
Visualize Entity Framework Relationships and Additional Query Analysis in ReSharper 2023.3
A lot of teams are using Entity Framework or EF Core to work with their database. As an Object-Relational Mapper (ORM), it bridges objects in code to a relational database model, so that as a developer you don’t have to worry too much about the actual database. We all know: that’s not entirely tr…
Automatically Analyze ASP.NET Core Performance With Dynamic Program Analysis
Slow web pages may make your users or customers abandon your web application, even before they’ve had a proper look at it. You’ve likely also been frustrated working with a web application that is slow to load. The good news is that the latest versions of ReSharper and JetBrains Rider’s Dynamic P…
OSS Power-Ups: MassTransit – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: MassTransit, with Chris Patterson, is available. This was the thirteenth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webinars.…