ReSharper 9.2 Release Candidate

Jura Gorohovsky

We have today published Release Candidate builds of ReSharper 9.2, ReSharper C++ 1.1, dotPeek 1.5, dotCover 3.2, dotTrace 6.2 and dotMemory 4.4.

The final release of ReSharper 9.2 and the entire ReSharper Ultimate toolset is expected later this month. To help us make sure that there are no critical regressions, please download and try the Release Candidate.

This list of pending bug and performance reports is what currently separates ReSharper 9.2 from the final release. If more of you start using the Release Candidate, we might be able to locate and fix even more issues in time for the release.

As a reminder, ReSharper 9.2 will refine integration with Visual Studio 2015 RTM (including fixing as many performance problems as we can), provide support for Windows 10 Developer Tools, improve support for TypeScript (including 1.5), and introduce a non-modal version of Find Usages. ReSharper C++ 1.1 will add a unit test runner supporting Google Test.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

19 Responses to ReSharper 9.2 Release Candidate

1. Richard says:

August 6, 2015

Still no sign of a fix for RSRP-437980.

I’m starting to get to the point where I don’t date to use *any* R# refactoring features, in case they make unrelated, invalid, breaking changes to other parts of my code.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

August 7, 2015

Richard, that’s true, looks like a fix has been postponed to the next release. Apologies.

2. The Morning Brew - Chris Alcock » The Morning Brew #1920 says:

August 7, 2015

[…] ReSharper 9.2 Release Candidate – Jura Gorohovsky / JetBrains […]

3. HamRusTal says:

August 7, 2015

> This list of pending bug and performance reports
    By the “This list” link, YouTrack says: “
    Oops! Something went wrong with your search request.
    Can’t find value: “Reproduce”.
    Try to search in global context.”
    Following the “global context” link doesn’t help.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

August 7, 2015

Thanks for noticing! This was due to referencing a tag only visible within JetBrains. I have corrected the URL.

4. Dew Drop – August 7, 2015 (#2069) | Morning Dew says:

August 7, 2015

[…] ReSharper 9.2 Release Candidate (Jura Gorohovsky) […]

5. HamRusTal says:

August 7, 2015

A sidenote from a R# C++ user (not even installing the “big” ReSharper):
    Over R# 9.* releases, two lists of changes made to the SW are being published: one for the R# as such and another for R# C++. While most of the “big” ReSharper changes are irrelevant to me, those affecting the common GUI and VS integration are highly relevant (e.g. RSRP-444933 “Resharper overrides “Only build startup projects and dependencies on Run””). So I have to read dozens of issues to find those which affect me.
    Can you please advise of an easier way to see only the relevant “big” ReSharper changes? Wouldn’t it be more user-friendly to compose a list for the R# C++ product combining relevant issues from both RSRP and RSCPP?

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

August 7, 2015

Unfortunately ReSharper and ReSharper C++ issue trackers are currently handled very differently, I’d say with a bit of unnecessary complexity.

Filtering out the info that you’re looking for is by and large possible but it takes the longest search query I have ever used in YouTrack.

• HamRusTal says:

August 7, 2015

Thank you. Now I got the idea and is able to compose queries for future releases (in case you decide not to do it yourself).

6. Kelby says:

August 7, 2015

I haven’t been able to find a bug or anyone complaining of something that’s been happening in my VS 2015 and Resharper 9.2 RC.

Basically after performing an Alt+Enter command and executing it, it sends the focus of my cursor into a different program instead of remaining in Visual Studio so that I can continue to code. This is new and driving me crazy, does this happen for anyone else?

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

August 10, 2015

Hi Kelby,

This is not a known problem.

What OS are you using VS2015 on? Are there any notable details about your environment that could clarify what’s going on?

Also, do I understand correctly that this problem appeared after you had installed ReSharper 9.2 RC? What version of ReSharper had you been using before 9.2 RC?

• Kelby says:

August 10, 2015

I am on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. My environment is kind of basic. Only tools I have open at all times are VS2015, SSMS 2014, Chrome and Sublime.

I was on 9.1.2 before starting 9.2 + EAP’s then RC.

From my memory, it only just started happening with 9.2

After the weekend and being powered down I am no longer having the issue, so perhaps it was just something that required a restart for VS2015.

Anyway, great release! I am always excited to see the growth of ReSharper.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

August 11, 2015

OK thanks for getting back to me, and good to know it was just a temporary glitch.

• Todd Aspeotis says:

August 11, 2015

I have an issue where after doing a R# refactoring Visual Studio will randomly change the tab a few seconds later.

7. Sunshine says:

August 11, 2015

I’ve come across this bug when using R# 9.1.3 with VS2015 RTM.

Situation:

I have a class Foo with a constructor Foo(T t), and created a static class Foo as follows:

public static class Foo
    {
    public static Foo Create(T t) => //Typing… not finished yet.
    }

Then, I take the following steps:
    1) Type in “ne”.
    2) Wait for IntelliSense to pop up, with “new Foo()” as the first and selected suggestion.
    3) Press [Space].
    4) A space is typed in instead of the expected auto-completion, with the IntelliSense box still open.
    5) Press [Space] again.
    6) The IntelliSense box disappears, and the “undo” feature of Visual Studio is broken, so I have to restart VS all over again.

So, the problems are:

a) Part of R# IntelliSense is malfunctioning.
    If I don’t restart VS in step 6, and try step 1~3 again, the results are the same.
    If I don’t press [Space] after step 2, and press [Tab] instead, it would just jump to step 6.

b) It breaks VS “undo”.
    The fact is, I can live without the “advanced” auto-complete suggestions (since the basic ones are working correctly), but the absence of “undo” is not acceptable.
    So please, if you cannot fix both problems in the next patch, at least provide a workaround so that “undo” is not affected.

Thanks in advance!

• Sunshine says:

August 11, 2015

Correction: the first “class Foo with a constructor Foo(T t)”
      should be “generic class Foo with a constructor Foo(T t)”.

Somehow angle brackets (and the content inside) are recognized as HTML tags and wouldn’t show up in comments

• Sunshine says:

August 11, 2015

Also worth noticing is that it’s not the “Ctrl+Z” hotkey that’s not working, it’s the whole “undo” function – the “undo” button in the toolbar and the “Edit -> Undo” menu item greyed out as well.

• Andrew Serebryansky says:

August 13, 2015

Hello,

The code completion behavior that you’re observing is intended. This happens because the ‘new Foo()’ item contains spaces, therefore when you type ‘ne ‘ it actually matches ‘new Foo()’ and the second space completes the selected item (since there are no items with 2 spaces). You can complete such items using either Enter or Tab. As to broken undo, I’m afraid we weren’t able to reproduce this behavior.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

August 13, 2015

AFAIK the team has been investigating similar symptoms the other day. I’ll try to find someone to clarify this behavior for you.