ReSharper Ultimate 10.0.2 EAP 2: unit testing, red code fixes

ReSharper 10.0.2 EAP continues with a new build that is expected to fix a number of considerable problems in terms of:

• Bogus red code: we have fixed incorrectly highlighted red code in solutions containing .modelproj and .wixproj project types. Since modelling projects (.modelproj) are only available in Visual Studio Enterprise and Ultimate editions, users of these editions might want to check out this fix.
  • Unit testing: NUnit tests with Ninject should now be running correctly again; NUnit’s test cases are now treated with fewer glitches; a set of problems related to grouping by category and namespace are now gone; unit test runner avoids running extra setup and teardown code for test fixtures; running the default NUnit 3.0 MSI installer no longer leads to inconclusive test runs; support for xUnit theory row test elements is restored following a regression in 10.0.1; line wrap in Unit Test SessionsOutput pane can now be controlled.
  • Inserting project references: projects should now be properly referenced again when you insert a using directive with a ReSharper action.

There are also other fixes here and there, including those related to TypeScript and JavaScript support, as well as renaming namespaces in XAML. Here’s the full list of fixes in ReSharper 10.0.2 EAP 2.

Compatible ReSharper Ultimate products are also available. Specifically, dotCover can now be properly integrated into Visual Studio again, even when installed without ReSharper, which fixes a regression introduced in EAP 1.

This entry was posted in How-To's and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to ReSharper Ultimate 10.0.2 EAP 2: unit testing, red code fixes

1. Maksym says:

Is there any plans for ASP.NET 5 support? There is already RC available.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

Yes, we plan to support ASP.NET 5 in version 10.1 that’s due in Q1 next year.

• Markus says:

I’m glad you are working on it. Just want to say, that I can’t wait for 10.1 then, since I’m already on a ASP.NET 5 project and had to suspend RS – plain old VS is just so hard to work with :(

Maybe you could give us a 10.0.3 with the most important bits a bit early? Or when can we expect 10.1 EAP to start?

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

Markus, 10.0.3 isn’t on the plan; however, 10.1 EAP is hopefully going to start in late January.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

Sorry to hear this, Markus.

Can you drop a line to dotCover support so that we understand if we can reproduce the problem? Thanks

• Markus says:

Jura,

sorry but I’m not exactly sure what you need from me. I don’t have an issue with dotCover (don’t use it even).

Do you want me to report my RS issues? It’s mostly red code, unresolved references, nothing you don’t know about already…

Looking forward to the hopefully earliest late January of all times 😉

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

Apologies. Looks like my comment wasn’t directed at the right person.

Regarding ASP.NET 5, right, the plan remains the same, and we’re hoping for 10.1 EAP in January.

No need to report any issues until we provide builds that are expected to support ASP.NET 5.

2. Pingback: The Morning Brew - Chris Alcock » The Morning Brew #1979

3. Mario De Schaepmeester says:

Just installed it (update), already tons of exceptions when merely opening VS2015.
    Makes me wonder if I’m doing something wrong? Do I need to do a clean install?

4. Mario De Schaepmeester says:

Once again, new regressions are clearly introduced related to unit testing. Tried to use “run all shown tests” in CTS, to run failed ones. For just a second, it appears R# will run them, but then it just quits.

Droppded CTS results, same thing, none of the “run tests” methods work. CTS window is buggy as well.

When are you going to get your act together JB? Looking forward to using R# build and CTS properly!

5. Pingback: Form-Verbesserung in Symfony 2.8 & Entwicklung für HTTP/2

6. Pingback: Dew Drop – November 30, 2015 (#2141) | Morning Dew

7. Chris says:

Mario – they’re too worried about slapping that painful licensing on everyone and fixing all the bugs currently hindering that to worry about the real features right now.

8. Brian Coleman says:

The EAP 2 seems to fix the issue with the .modelproj projects in our solution. There were some exceptions thrown when I loaded the solution (which I submitted) but resharper seems to be still working.

9. Mario De Schaepmeester says:

R# 10.0.2 EAP3 looked promising from the start, but there is a new painful bug: continuous testing runs only 1 of my test assemblies, then it spins indefinitely…