ReSharper Ultimate 2016.2.2: bug fix to a bug fix

Sometimes, a bug fix release needs a bug fix of its own.

That’s what happened to ReSharper this time: yesterday’s 2016.2.1 release introduced a bug whereby running Code Cleanup would incorrectly introduce access modifiers ahead of static constructors (RSRP-460771).

If you’re affected by this bug, please download and install ReSharper Ultimate 2016.2.2, and apologies for making you update twice.

Try again. Fail again. Fail better. 👈

This entry was posted in How-To's and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to ReSharper Ultimate 2016.2.2: bug fix to a bug fix

1. rosdi says:

If you aren’t breaking something… you are not moving fast enough… 😉

2. tobi says:

Perfect response to this incident.

3. Pingback: ReSharper Ultimate 2016.2.2: bug fix to a bug fix  | OPC Diary

4. The fix confirmed. Thank you very much for your lightning-fast response to the issue!

5. Pingback: ReSharper Ultimate 2016.2 ist final – das ist neu - entwickler.de

6. JM Pirelli says:

A post about how you test ReSharper would be very interesting. Not because of this issue of course, but automating tests of such a tool does not seem easy.

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

Thanks. Maybe someday the QA team gets the courage to write a novel (or at least a blog post) about automating ReSharper tests. Not easy, indeed )

7. Pingback: Dew Drop - September 14, 2016 (#2328) - Morning Dew

8. Lee Salter says:

Hmm, this version seems to be broken.
    I cannot cover any of my tests now, just get stuck on Code Coverage Analysis in progress which never returns and I have to cancel it.

Any ideas of when this might be fixed? Has it been reported elsewhere?

9. Dev says:

Working with ASP.NET Core (on .NET Framework) makes Visual Studio enter crash loop when ReSharper is turned on. What are you guys doing?

10. Cliff says:

Hi,
    In this version, the line indentation bug from 2016.2 seems to resurface. That is. every new line will indent like
    var1,
    var2,
    var3

11. Cliff says:

The formatting in my post did not work
    I meant
    var1,
    {indent}var2,
    {indent}{indent}var3

12. Cliff says:

The next line indentation is simply broken in 2016.2.x. The support was not helpful and stopped responding to my queries after I sent them a reproducible sample (at least from my side) I even tried the 2016.2.3 and it did not help. I had to revert back to 2016.1.2 :-( I am quite disappointed in the support and will try out Visual Assist for my team

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

Cliff, I’m sorry that your communications with the support team have not been productive. I wasn’t able to find the support thread that the support staff stopped responding to: can you provide me with a ticket or issue number so that I can figure out what happened and see how we can further help you with this problem?

Thanks

• Jura Gorohovsky says:

Cliff, we have found the support thread, and looks like there are two support staff replies from Jan 26 and Jan 31 haven’t reached you. Can you probably check your spam folder? Support wasn’t able to reproduce the issue and is looking for more details from you.

Thanks for your cooperation