ReSharper Interactive Tutorials get an update
As you may remember, along with ReSharper 2016.3 we released a special plugin entitled “ReSharper Tutorials.” In brief, it’s a plugin with a set of interactive ReSharper tutorials. Here’s how it works:
- When you launch a tutorial, a sample solution is loaded.
- The tutorial guides you through a number of steps, each illustrating a particular feature. The plugin automatically checks whether you have performed the actions described at each step.
As we released ReSharper 2017.1, the plugin also got updated to version 0.9.9. What’s in this update?
- A new “What’s New in ReSharper 2017.1” tutorial. It will guide you through the main ReSharper features for C# brought by v2017.1.
- User interface improvements that include a new UI theme and an ability to go to the next step by pressing Tab instead of clicking the Next Step button (in cases where a step doesn’t imply automatic control of user actions.)
A short reminder on how to install and run the plugin:
- Go to ReSharper | Extension Manager, search for “Tutorials” and install the plugin. The latest stable version is 0.9.9. Don’t forget that ReSharper plugins are version-dependent, meaning you can install and run ReSharper Tutorials 0.9.9 ONLY on ReSharper 2017.1.
- Run the plugin via ReSharper | Tutorials….
- Run the desired tutorial with Run Tutorial.
We hope you’ll find time to give the updated plugin a try as it’s probably the easiest way to find out what’s new in ReSharper 2017.1, as well as to learn essential ReSharper stuff. As they say, “a little knowledge with some practice is better than much knowledge with no practice.”
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Another Look into the Future with Rider’s Predictive Debugger
In the 2023.2 release cycle, we’ve introduced the Predictive Debugger in ReSharper, which gives you predictions about code paths and variables beyond the current execution pointer. We’ve written extensively about its advantages compared to alternative debugging strategies like thorough thinking, log…
Visualize Entity Framework Relationships and Additional Query Analysis in ReSharper 2023.3
A lot of teams are using Entity Framework or EF Core to work with their database. As an Object-Relational Mapper (ORM), it bridges objects in code to a relational database model, so that as a developer you don’t have to worry too much about the actual database. We all know: that’s not entirely tr…
Automatically Analyze ASP.NET Core Performance With Dynamic Program Analysis
Slow web pages may make your users or customers abandon your web application, even before they’ve had a proper look at it. You’ve likely also been frustrated working with a web application that is slow to load. The good news is that the latest versions of ReSharper and JetBrains Rider’s Dynamic P…
OSS Power-Ups: MassTransit – Webinar Recording
The recording of our webinar, OSS Power-Ups: MassTransit, with Chris Patterson, is available. This was the thirteenth episode of our OSS Power-Ups series, where we put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. Subscribe to our community newsletter to receive notifications about future webinars.…