OSS Power-Ups: FluentValidation – Webinar Recording
This is the start of our series of OSS Power-Ups, where we want to put a spotlight on open-source .NET projects. FluentValidation is a library for building strongly-typed validation rules, with amazing popularity, and over 50 million downloads on NuGet. Jeremy Skinner, the maintainer, will help us get started with some basic examples, writing custom validators, localizing error messages, and integrating the validation into ASP.NET Core.
We also have a couple of surprises for Jeremy and the users of FluentValidation to reveal. Don’t miss it, you’ll love it!
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:55 – OSS in the .NET Community
- 3:00 – Welcome, Jeremy and FluentValidation
- 6:17 – OSS Power-Ups
- 8:11 – Rider plugin for FluentValidation
- 9:07 – Introduction to FluentValidation
- 13:36 – Custom validation messages and placeholders
- 18:33 – Cross-property validation
- 21:17 – Nested and compositional validation
- 25:57 – Validator extensions
- 31:40 – Unit testing validators
- 51:25 – ASP.NET Core integration
- 1:03:35 – Synchronous and asynchronous validation
- 1:07:33 – Q&A and wrap-up
- FluentValidation on GitHub
- FluentValidation plugin for Rider
- JetBrains Connect on Open Source Sustainability
About the presenter:
Jeremy is a UK-based developer who has been building software for over 15 years, mainly with C# and .NET.
Although he currently works full-time with Drupal and PHP, he still enjoys being involved with the .NET community and leads development of the open-source FluentValidation project.
Follow Jeremy on Twitter.