Rider 2021.3 Early Access Program Has Launched!
Get the build right now! Let’s take a look at what we have inside. Problems View Having all potential problems for a solution in one place can be helpful, which is why we are happy to introduce the "Problems View"! The Problems View (the "Problems" tab in Rider UI) is a tool window that aggregates all of the potential issues that exist in a solution, such as project loading errors,
ReSharper 2021.2.1 and Rider 2021.2.1 Bug Fixes Are Out!
Introducing the first bug-fix updates for the 2021.2 major releases of both Rider and ReSharper! Both Rider 2021.2.1 and ReSharper 2021.2.1 are available on www.jetbrains.com and via the Toolbox app. ReSharper 2021.2.1 These are the most critical issues we’ve fixed: No more errors on an Average() call being ambiguous between Nullable<float> and Nullabl
Rider 2021.2: Support for ASP.NET Core Endpoints, Blazor WebAssembly Debugging, and More
Hello everyone, The new release version of Rider is here! Let’s explore some of the most exciting features included with it. Before diving into the feature set, there is an important note. Starting with the 2021.2 release of our .NET productivity tools, including Rider, we will require .NET Framework 4.7.2 or newer installed on your machine. Learn more here. Support for ASP.NET Core
SpecFlow for Rider (Plugin) is now Available!
In this post, our friends from SpecFlow dive into how BDD and Rider help you write better, maintainable code through the use of automated tests.
Must-have JetBrains Rider Plugins For ASP.NET Core Developers
According to our most recent developer survey, ASP.NET Core is the most used technology the .NET ecosystem offers, with ASP.NET MVC following up in the third spot. It's not a surprise because the web is a wild and weird place, where we can all explore the limits of what's possible. (more…)
Rider Kicks off Its 2021.2 EAP!
Hello everyone, We’re launching the Rider 2021.2 Early Access Program! We’ve published the first EAP build today, so let’s have a look at what's inside. In case you missed that, starting with the 2021.2 EAP builds of our .NET productivity tools, including Rider (on Windows), we will require .NET Framework 4.7.2 or newer installed on your machine. Learn more here. Code Analysis Do y
dotMemory Support For Linux Process Dumps
Great news, Linux users! dotMemory 2021.1 now supports analyzing dumps collected using gcore and dotnet-dump for your Linux-hosted .NET applications. In this post, we'll explore how to use a Linux environment, Ubuntu, as our primary development environment using JetBrains Rider, take process dumps of our .NET applications, and investigate potential issues using dotMemory on Windows. Set up the Li
ReSharper & Rider Improvements For Avalonia
Native desktop development has changed since the dominance of Windows in the early days of personal computing. According to Statcounter, Windows still holds a comfortable 76% market share on individual desktop operating systems, the other 24% is split between operating systems such as macOS at 17%, and Linux variants holding the remaining 7%. Developers can miss one in four potential users by targ
Rider 2021.1: Updates to Docker and C# Support, Scaffolding in ASP.NET, and More!
Hello everyone, We’ve just released Rider 2021.1. Let’s see what’s inside. Update to Docker Support Adding Docker support to a project in Rider is now easier – you can generate the Dockerfile while creating a new project. Just select Docker Support in the New project dialog. If you want to add a Dockerfile to an existing project, use Add | Docker Support in the context menu for a project in the S
Rider 2021.1 Reaches Beta!
Good news, everyone! Today we released Rider 2021.1 Beta. This means that we are on the homestretch of the major release. This build is packed with all the features that will soon be available with the official 2021.1 release. Let’s take a look at what’s coming. Docker support Adding Docker support to a project in Rider is now easier – select “Docker Support” on the “new project” dialog or use
Generate Dockerfile for .NET Applications with Rider
The modern development stack continues to evolve, bringing along with it incredible conveniences for developers. Arguably, one of the most significant advancements has been the ability to containerize applications. The ability to define, develop, and deploy applications within a reproducible environment gives developers more confidence to deliver a quality application experience for users. Docker
Rider 2020.3.3 and ReSharper Tools 2020.3.3 Have Landed!
Hello everyone! We‘ve just published the ReSharper Tools 2020.3.3 and Rider 2020.3.3 releases. Here’s a quick synopsis of the most critical fixes we’ve delivered with these builds. You can use the links below to navigate directly to the product you are interested in: Rider ReSharper dotMemory ReSharper Command Line Tools Rider 2020.3.3 The overall debugger experience is as smooth and fast as i