Maia EAP is finally here

Posted on by Dmitry Jemerov

We’ve been blogging about the cool new features implemented in the EAP builds of Maia (IntelliJ IDEA 9) for a while, and now at last you can download and try the new build for yourself.

The new features available in the new build include:

We’re eagerly waiting for your feedback on the new build. Feel free to let us know what you think on the forums, and post bugs and feature requests to our issue tracker.

And may you always develop with pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

8 Responses to Maia EAP is finally here

1. Craig says:

May 26, 2009

Tapestry support!?! Downloading the Maia EAP right now!

2. Piero says:

May 27, 2009

Tapestry module sounds really great, will test it asap!
    But I am a bit disappointed that there is no Mercurial support πŸ™

3. yole says:

May 27, 2009

Piero,

Have you tried the hg4idea plugin from http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?id=3370 ? As far as we know, the plugin is good enough and it doesn’t make sense for us to reimplement its functionality.

4. Serge says:

May 27, 2009

No python πŸ™ It’s a pity.

5. Geekycoder says:

May 28, 2009

thank for the hard work !
    Hoping to see android plug-in works though…

6. ALB says:

May 29, 2009

What I don’t see but I was hoping for was an end to sudden, inexplicable pauses in operations. Developers with more than a dozen tabs open report this problem fairly regularly and I encounter it at least once a day.

Was anything done about these?

Thanks!

7. Pop says:

June 4, 2009

Actually Intellij IDEA 8 already have support for Python and is good. I don’t understand the guy that said still not support for Python in IDEA maybe you are not using a recent release of IDEA.

By the way I think it was better to make officially the support of Wicket than Tapestry. Nobody use Tapestry anymore, It is Wicket the one that It is hot this days.

8. Andr00 says:

July 10, 2009

Yole,
    The hg4idea plugin implements a relatively rudimentary level of hg support, compared to VCS plugins implemented by JetBrains. There is no pull or push without update, no checkout from version control, no init, and on my MacOSX machines, Changes->Repository and Changes->Incoming panels have never displayed anything.

The author has expressed disinterest in implementing functionality beyond what he personally requires, which is perfectly understandable for an open source type project.

I had hoped that JetBrains would be able to fill in a few of these gaps with their expertise at VCS plugin implementation. For now, I absolutely must switch out of the IDE and open a console in order to manage Mercurial projects.