Tapestry Support in Maia

Posted on by chmutov

Maia provides comprehensive support for Apache Tapestry, the Web application framework. The first EAP features the Tapestry support essentials that include:

• Standard way to enable the technology for a module.
  • Simple facet for quick configuration
  • Navigation from Tapestry related tag names/attributes to corresponding Tapestry entities.
  • Navigation between the template and the class of a component, a page or a mixin
  • Actions to create components, pages or mixins in proper location.
  • Standard Colors&Fonts setting page for Tapestry-related tag names and attributes.

Also, a Tapestry-enabled module is created with all required package structure and web.xml content:

Comments below can no longer be edited.

16 Responses to Tapestry Support in Maia

1. Justin Lee says:

May 27, 2009

Tapestry? Really? There’s nothing else out there where this engineering energy might be better spent? Like formal mercurial support? Or tetris? I’m sure both tap users will be thrilled to hear this is coming but this one’s a big wtf? for me.

2. Piero says:

May 28, 2009

Formal mercurial support would indeed be great – but Tap5 support is wonderful.
    I am one of the two users that are thrilled πŸ˜‰ – IMO it is the most productive java web framework out there…

3. Alexey Epishkin says:

May 28, 2009

Thank you for that feature. I’m the second!

4. Taras Tielkes says:

May 28, 2009

Does that mean that Maia has a Language implementation for OGNL?

If so, that might be useful for the Struts plugin..

5. Ville Virtanen says:

June 12, 2009

Thanks! I’m the third I guess… T5 doesn’t use OGNL anymore, as it was performance problem in 4 series. And who uses mercurial anyway :D?

6. Craig says:

July 1, 2009

Awesome! T5 is a wonderful framework and this is a great news. I’m developing a large project on T5 and things couldn’t be going smoother. This just makes things a bit sweeter since I use IDEA. (never heard of Mercurial before now)

7. Jedt Sitthidumrong says:

July 2, 2009

Great! I’ve missed my time develop with Tapestry with a 3rd party plugins on IDEA6 i think..

To have tapestry support should be the good way to many people!

8. Liam Clarke says:

July 2, 2009

Any chance of a write-up showing how to get IntelliJ to recognise a pre-existing Tapestry app?

9. aldo says:

July 8, 2009

Tapestry? why not improve Wicket support instead?

10. Rand says:

August 3, 2009

This feature set might actually convince my company to buy us IntelliJ 9. Good work.

11. Alex Ostrovsky says:

September 11, 2009

hope Wicket support is also planned.

12. Sebastian says:

September 15, 2009

How does the navigation from template to class actually work?

13. Alexey Chmutov says:

September 16, 2009

Sebastian,
    Do you mean which action does the navigation?
    Just press Ctrl+Shift+G πŸ™‚

14. Sergey Kashin says:

September 27, 2009

I have downloaded Idea 9M1 release 10781
    Tapestry support is very limited
    no support some attributes, navigation works only for limited tags

as example not work next components
    1. <t:zone t:id=”upZone” id=”upZone” no navigation to class parameter upZone
    2. <t:if test=”ognl:step==0″ ognl from http://www.chenillekit.org/
    3. <t:beaneditor ….
    <p:shortName p:shortName – element does not alowed here….

4. <t:select t:id=”firmType” model=”literal:0=Option 1,Option 2″ – model parameter: can’t coerce a String to SelectModel
    5. attribute t:mixins does not supported
    6. <t:grid source=”” press alt enter in attribute – no any selection from parameter of the page
    7. <t:pagelink page=”client/test” error for the attribute page – can’t resolve symbol
    in fact page client/test – exist

15. Pieter Degraeuwe says:

October 2, 2009

there is already a wicket plugin… however, ‘native’ support for Wicket would be really appreciated !

16. Jesse says:

November 9, 2009

I’ve played around with this, and I think it’s awesome. t5 is amazing, and this integration makes it that much better.