GraniteDS Projects with IntelliJ IDEA 9
GraniteDS technology allows to create enterprise web applications with Flex at client side and Java at server side. With IntelliJ IDEA you can develop GraniteDS projects with complete coding assistance both for Flex and Java, compile, deploy, run, and debug both client and server side in just few clicks!
Let’s create an IntelliJ IDEA project for Hello World example from GraniteDS developer guide. You may configure a project yourself or download it here
Note: if you download a pre-configured project you’ll need to check Java and Flex SDKs in project settings and Tomcat settings in java-server run configuration because paths and names on your computer may be different.
- Create a new IntelliJ IDEA project with 2 modules: Flex module and Java module with a Web facet. You project structure may be different, but I chose the following:
- Configure Flex module. Here we select to build a HelloWorld.swf application with main class named HelloWorld. The most important point is to set path to services-config.xml file and context root on the Advanced tab.
- Configure Java module and its Web facet. We need to set a dependency on Flex module and on /libs/granite.jar library. Web facet contains information about web.xml file location and required resources.
- Setup web application packaging configuration (artifact).
- Create server run configuration. Here we need to tell IntelliJ IDEA where Tomcat server installation is located and set artifact deployment point to graniteds-hello-world context. I cleared Start browser because I want to make separate run configuration for Flex client to be able to debug it.
- Create Flex run configuration.
That’s all. Now set breakpoints, launch server and a bit later — Flex run configuration, and everything is compiled and deployed, and the browser is open.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Top 10 UI Updates in IntelliJ IDEA for 2023
Hey there, fellow developers! Today, we want to share the most significant UI updates from 2023 that have transformed how IntelliJ IDEA looks and functions. New UI Of course, the highlight of our recent updates was the launch of our new, clean, and modern UI. This was first announced at the en…
The What, Why, and How of JPA Buddy in IntelliJ IDEA
Master JPA entity management with JPA Buddy in IntelliJ IDEA! Our latest article shows you how to simplify your workflow and reduce boilerplate code.
The Best of IntelliJ IDEA’s HTTP Client
In today's fast-paced tech world, easy and efficient management of web services and APIs is crucial. That's where IntelliJ IDEA's HTTP Client steps in, turning complex HTTP requests into a walk in the park. The HTTP Client is a feature-rich, text-based tool in IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. It seamlessl…
Import Postman Collections to the HTTP Client
We know that many of you use Postman collections and want to stay in the flow while working with them. This means staying inside IntelliJ IDEA and not switching to a different app. Great news! You can now effortlessly transform Postman collections into .http and use them in the HTTP Client …