Database Access Improved
The latest IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2 EAP contains a big number of Database-related functionality changes:
- Database Console now has its own toolwindow
- New console-like UI that keeps input and output in one place and retains the highlighting for execution history
- Keyboard shortcuts for all Console actions are now configurable
- Per-result Page Up, Page Down and Refresh actions
- Complete support for In-Memory Databases (try running some DDL in Console then click Refresh Tables and all the tables will be loaded in the Data Sources tree)
- Improved support for heavy JDBC drivers that use native libraries to run
- The notion of Database Connection allows IntelliJ IDEA to do some cool stuff such as Quick Table Contents Lookup integrated with Quick Documentation Lookup (Ctrl+Q)
The Hibernate Console has also been improved accordingly (separate toolwindow, console-like UI and per-result paging actions).
Try all this in the latest EAP and let us know what you think.
UPD: In the next EAP SQL scripts can be run directly from Project View or Editor via Run SQL Script (Ctrl+Shift+F10).