IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.3 Update is Out

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

Great news! Welcome IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.3, a fresh bugfix update for IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2. Check out the release notes to see the list of available fixes.

To update, either download and install the new version from scratch, or (if you’re running IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.2), click Check for Updates and then Download and Install to apply the patch.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

50 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.3 Update is Out

1. Ruslan Bekenev says:

September 1, 2016

Thanks for the update, but now not all keybinding works 🙁

I use Emacs keybindings and everything were awesome before update. Now for example in “VSC operations” popup I cannot navigate using “CTRL+N” or “CTRL+P”. It now just type “n” or “p” and search for popup items.

Terminal do not respond on “CTRL+C”, so I cannot terminate a program, which is important. The only solution now is to close terminal session.

• Ilya Boyandin says:

September 2, 2016

Same for me:
      1. In Terminal Ctrl+C doesn’t work. Instead I see letters C typed in
      2. When I try to type in # using the Swiss keyboard layout (Alt + 3) it doesn’t work.

• Alex says:

September 2, 2016

Same for me with UK layout on OSX El Capitan.

• James says:

September 5, 2016

I have the same problem as Alex, alt+3 does not perform the # symbol which we all require for commenting out things…

• Denys says:

September 5, 2016

Same problem with # symbol (UK layout on OSX El Capitan). Extremely annoying problem and no fixes for five days already.

• Luke says:

September 14, 2016

Same here. Seriously annoying!!

• Jose says:

September 4, 2016

Same for me with Spanish – ISO on OSX El Captitan

• Percy says:

September 4, 2016

• Vadim says:

September 5, 2016

+1 for UK layout on OSX El Capitan

• Doogie says:

September 6, 2016

• Juan J. Garcia says:

September 8, 2016

+1 having same issue with ctrl-c on terminal. Beside this great product!

IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.3
          JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-b287 x86_64

• allon says:

September 12, 2016

In Terminal Ctrl+C doesn’t work and no fixes for one week already.

• Nikhil Sahu says:

September 7, 2016

Yeah. Same happens for me. I am adapt to writing commands in terminal within intellij. now suddenly when it doesn’t works it is a bit frustrating

• Nikhil Sahu says:

September 7, 2016

US keyboard layout on el capitan

• James McGuigan says:

September 9, 2016

Same problem, alt+3 outputs 3 and not the # symbol = inability to comment
        (UK layout on OSX El Capitan + Intellij 2016.2.3)

Downgrading to 2016.2.2 fixes this issue

Hopefully this bug will be fixed in 2016.2.4

• Ed says:

September 9, 2016

• Gregory Schier says:

September 6, 2016

Same problem here. Crazy how such a small thing can make such a large impact.

• Scala Henry says:

September 6, 2016

I’m having the same problem with the terminal on OS X El Capitan.
      Also, after upgrading, it changed the keymap settings to the default.
      Annoying.
      What gives guys?

#####################################
      IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.3
      Build #IU-162.1812.17, built on August 30, 2016

JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-b287 x86_64
      JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o

• Whitq says:

September 7, 2016

same here and it is really annoying

• Matty says:

September 7, 2016

Same issue here, alt + 3 no longer works

2. Brice says:

September 1, 2016

Hi, after the update I don’t see the option keyboard layout option as described in https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-156990 ?

3. Çağatay Uçar says:

September 1, 2016

Hi, after the update I can’t make a sharp and dollar sign.

4. Martti Smkok says:

September 2, 2016

After this update alt+4 outputs 4 instead of $ when using IntelliJ Idea. $ is outputted on other applications as expected.

Mac OSX El Capitan / Finnish Keyboard layout (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201794 “Finnish/Swedish – (KS)”)

I will not be forwarding this into any bug tracking software or other.

I had to downgrade versions to solve this issue.

• Markus Juopperi says:

September 2, 2016

Confirming that this is an issue with the release. Happens to me as well with a Finnish/Swedish keyboard on OSX El Capitan.

• Colin Campbell says:

September 3, 2016

Confirmed here too. Swedish keyboard, El Capitan.

• Miguel Senosiain says:

September 5, 2016

After update alt+3 outputs 3 instead of # only in Intellij IDEA. Other apps works ok

Mac OSX El Capitan Spanish Keyboard

• Marko says:

September 5, 2016

I have nothing to add except to confirm this exact same issue. Finnish keyboard and el capitan.

• Patrik says:

September 16, 2016

The $ problem is fixed in:

IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.4
      Build #IU-162.2032.8, built on September 9, 2016

5. IDEA user says:

September 2, 2016

I get an error trying to update from 2016.2.2, luckily the current installation is not affected.
    Temp. directory: C:\TEMP\

at com.intellij.updater.Patch$3.forEach(Patch.java:308)
    at com.intellij.updater.Patch.forEach(Patch.java:360)
    at com.intellij.updater.Patch.apply(Patch.java:303)
    at com.intellij.updater.PatchFileCreator.apply(PatchFileCreator.java:84)
    at com.intellij.updater.PatchFileCreator.apply(PatchFileCreator.java:75)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner.doInstall(Runner.java:304)

Running on Win7, tried to clean Temp without help.

6. IDEA user says:

September 2, 2016

The out of memory error updating can be solved by adding more memory for java through environment variables as usually.

7. Ugonna Nwosu says:

September 2, 2016

CTRL + C no longer working in terminal

8. Marco Carvalho says:

September 2, 2016

How do I update from version 2016.2.1 ? I only has the download option.
    Or where can I find a link to upgrade from 2016.2.2 w/o reinstalling it?

9. Virgo47 says:

September 3, 2016

I was stopped in the process by OutOfMemoryError after the patch was downloaded (Windows 10, 32bit, -Xmx512 was probably too low). But after reading first comments here, I’ll rather wait for 2016.2.4 or something. 🙂

10. Leif Olsen says:

September 5, 2016

Please make Ctrl+C work in termnal window (OSX El Capitan) !!!!
    It stopped working in terminal window after upgrading to 2016.2.3

11. Laurence Gellert says:

September 6, 2016

CTL + C broken in the terminal window, have to kill -9 the app server.

Mac OS El Capitan
    IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2.3
    Build #IU-162.1812.17, built on August 30, 2016

JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-b287 x86_64
    JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o

• Eduardo Rodrigues says:

September 8, 2016

12. Kimi Chiu says:

September 7, 2016

Thanks for the update. The performance problems in 2016.2.1 were totally solved!

13. Matthew Wilson says:

September 8, 2016

Hash # key isn’t working for me either, just inputs 3 instead. On OSX El Capitan British keyboard layout

14. Anders martini says:

September 9, 2016

Has anyone tried this version on Linux/Ubuntu? Seeing all these issues on Capitan makes me hesitant to upgrade, unless the problem is platform dependant

15. Jean says:

September 16, 2016

Ctrl-r not working too on El Capitan

16. Ali says:

November 25, 2016

Hi all,

After update jsf support has problems. Idea cannot resolve the namespaces in template or decorator files and code completion does not work

17. Rahman says:

November 28, 2016

IntelliJ IDEA 2016.3 is freezing on Mac OS Sierra 10.12 when opening layouts in Design or Text mode. It’s done it about 10 times since I installed it today.

18. Kristof Hermans says:

December 1, 2016

I can’t get the | (pipe) to work in the internal Terminal of 2016.3. Using a Belgian azerty keyboard layout which requires me to push option + shift + l (L) to get the symbol.

• Arnauld Van Muysewinkel says:

December 7, 2016

Same for me!

• Bengt Brodersen says:

December 13, 2016

Same problem with german layout

• Ken N. says:

December 14, 2016

Having the same issue where I can’t enter some characters in the Terminal. Really frustrating and to keep working I had to downgrade to previous version.

Problem seems to be caused by pressing OPTION – CMD – SHIFT + … keys to get symbols like {, |, \. Problem occurs as of 2016.3. Downgraded to 2016.2.5 and Terminal works again. I wonder if Windows users are experiencing similar issues.

If you can’t wait for a fix you should downgrade to 2016.2.5

19. Wojciech says:

December 9, 2016

I have the same issues with not being able to create a pipe symbol in Terminal with a German layout, using Shift+Alt+7.