The wait is almost over, IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 RC is available for download! Take a look on the overview of the most interesting issues this build includes.
Here’s an overview of the most interesting updates to the build.
New features and better Usability:
The Background Image feature has been added to the general settings. There’s now a new easier way to change the background of your IDE – just click the Background Image button.
This update includes enhancements in Docker integration:
- Check connection to newly created server. IDEA-181774
- Auto-expose all the ports mentioned in the port-bindings. IDEA-149314
- Docker item added in the View | Tool Windows menu. IDEA-177938
- Choose Dockerfile from the dropdown list in Run/Debug Configurations IDEA-181894
Later this week we’ll publish a post dedicated to Docker improvements. Don’t miss it.
In other news, the Kotlin plugin bundled with the IDE has been updated to Kotlin 1.2 Beta.
Notable bug fixes:
- Fix for spontaneous IntelliJ IDEA crash. IDEA-182140
- Full syntax highlighting for Groovy in the fragment editor. IDEA-181558
- Docker: Save ports in DockerView leads to doubling of the existing ports. IDEA-181843
- The IDE saves run configuration settings for Spring Boot run configuration when switching between git branches. IDEA-161799
To fully satisfy your curiosity, check out the release notes.
Why not try the new snaps method to install the IntelliJ IDEA EAP builds on Ubuntu?