IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 RC is out!
The wait is almost over, IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 RC is available for download! Here’s an overview of the most interesting updates to the build.
New features and better Usability:
The Background Image feature has been added to the general settings. There’s now a new easier way to change the background of your IDE – just click the Background Image button.
This update includes enhancements in Docker integration:
- Check connection to newly created server. IDEA-181774
- Auto-expose all the ports mentioned in the port-bindings. IDEA-149314
- Docker item added in the View | Tool Windows menu. IDEA-177938
- Choose Dockerfile from the dropdown list in Run/Debug Configurations IDEA-181894
Later this week we’ll publish a post dedicated to Docker improvements. Don’t miss it.
In other news, the Kotlin plugin bundled with the IDE has been updated to Kotlin 1.2 Beta.
Notable bug fixes:
- Fix for spontaneous IntelliJ IDEA crash. IDEA-182140
- Full syntax highlighting for Groovy in the fragment editor. IDEA-181558
- Docker: Save ports in DockerView leads to doubling of the existing ports. IDEA-181843
- The IDE saves run configuration settings for Spring Boot run configuration when switching between git branches. IDEA-161799
To fully satisfy your curiosity, check out the release notes.
Why not try the new snaps method to install the IntelliJ IDEA EAP builds on Ubuntu?