IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 RC is out!
The wait is almost over, IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 RC is available for download! Here’s an overview of the most interesting updates to the build.
New features and better Usability:
The Background Image feature has been added to the general settings. There’s now a new easier way to change the background of your IDE – just click the Background Image button.
This update includes enhancements in Docker integration:
- Check connection to newly created server. IDEA-181774
- Auto-expose all the ports mentioned in the port-bindings. IDEA-149314
- Docker item added in the View | Tool Windows menu. IDEA-177938
- Choose Dockerfile from the dropdown list in Run/Debug Configurations IDEA-181894
Later this week we’ll publish a post dedicated to Docker improvements. Don’t miss it.
In other news, the Kotlin plugin bundled with the IDE has been updated to Kotlin 1.2 Beta.
Notable bug fixes:
- Fix for spontaneous IntelliJ IDEA crash. IDEA-182140
- Full syntax highlighting for Groovy in the fragment editor. IDEA-181558
- Docker: Save ports in DockerView leads to doubling of the existing ports. IDEA-181843
- The IDE saves run configuration settings for Spring Boot run configuration when switching between git branches. IDEA-161799
To fully satisfy your curiosity, check out the release notes.
Why not try the new snaps method to install the IntelliJ IDEA EAP builds on Ubuntu?
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 EAP 2: All-in-One Diff Viewer, Run to Cursor Inlay Option, And MoreEarly Access Program
The second EAP build for IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 is now available. It introduces enhancements designed to streamline code reviews, simplify the debugging workflow, and accelerate the startup process for both Maven and Gradle projects.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 EAP Is Open!
The IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Early Access Program kicks off today! Read this blog post to explore the new features you can test in the first EAP build.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Release Candidate is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. Please note that AI Assistant, which was p…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Goes Beta!
The Beta version of IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. This build comes with all of the notable changes that were introduced throughout the Early Access Program and covered in our previou…