IntelliJ IDEA 2019.1.1 is Here!

Today we are ready to give you the first bug-fix update for v2019.1. Download IntelliJ IDEA 2019.1.1 from the website or update using the Toolbox App.

Out of dozens of important fixes this update delivers, here are the most important ones:

• Performance issues: the IDE doesn’t freeze on Auto-import (IDEA-206649) and we’ve fixed the issue that was causing very high memory usage on relatively small projects (IDEA-210047).
  • Regressions fixed: The ‘Start Failed’ dialog doesn’t appear on closing the import settings dialog, and VCS refreshes don’t take very long with Mercurial anymore: IDEA-209262.
  • Updating plugins in an offline environment now works with the new marketplace and custom plugin repository: IDEA-205032.
  • No confirmation dialog is shown when you try to close a Terminal without running processes: IDEA-205690.
  • It’s now possible to switch back from the Terminal tool window to the editor by pressing Esc: IDEA-116221.
  • In the Run Configuration dialog, you can paste just the name or just the value of an Environment Variable: IDEA-206952.
  • The IDE now correctly creates a branch when you open a task with the ‘create branch’ option enabled: IDEA-205194.
  • It’s now possible to type characters that require AltGr (IntelliJ IDEA with JBR11): IDEA-209426.
  • For those using the IdeaVim plugin, the Esc key in insert mode closes the autocomplete popup and exits the insert mode: IDEA-209779.
  • The bundled Kotlin plugin was updated to v1.3.21-release-IJ2019.1-3, with the following fixes integrated: KT-30117, KT-29427, KT-30137, and KT-9618.

We have also updated both JetBrains Runtime 8 and JetBrains Runtime 11.

JBR 8 was updated to 1.8.0_202-release-1483-b44:

• Font rendering was restored on macOS: JBR-1174.

The full release notes are available here.

JBR 11 was updated to 11.0.2+9-b159.38:

• Fixes for a series of issues with frame borders were ported to JBR11: JBR-1278, JBR-1293, and JBR-1313.
  • Fixed the issue with Info.plist on case-sensitive filesystems: JBR-1360.

The full release notes are available here.

Download IntelliJ IDEA 2019.1.1!

Happy developing!

About Zlata Kalyuzhnaya

IntelliJ IDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains. twitter: @ZlataKalyuzhnay ‏
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2019.1.1 is Here!

1. Alx says:

Is patch from 2019.1 version exists? Autoupdater offer only download option.
    Full version string is “IntelliJ IDEA 2019.1 (Ultimate Edition) Build #IU-191.6183.87, built on March 27, 2019”

2. Pablo says:

Are there any recommendations when to choose JBR 8 and when to choose JBR 11?

• kot says:

I am too interested in answer. JB please respond.

• R. G. says:

although is a jetbrains runtime, is it possible to checkout and compile a project with java 11 when the only jdk installed in the system is jdk8? or it requires jdk 11, the jbr11 doesn’t bundle any jdk. Which might make sense since is only a runtime lib and not a development kit.

• Pablo says:

I don’t get what you’re trying to say.

JBR in IDEA is not used for compiling your projects. For that purposes you use JDKs you’ve installed separately.

And starting with Java 9 there is no JRE, only JDK.

• Pablo says:

Can I hope for the answer from JB team?

• Konstantin Bulenkov says:

Pablo, we recommend using JBR 11. It contains the latest security and performance fixes from OpenJDK 11 which is not backported to OpenJDK 8.

3. GingerRoot says:

>It’s now possible to switch back from the Terminal tool window to the editor by pressing Esc: IDEA-116221.

Any way we can turn that off? I use git in the terminal, which uses vim when writing commit messages. Hitting esc now takes me to the editor before I can save my commit message.

• R. G. says:

I wonder if they will support the nevertheless valid case of

maybe they create an emacs macro that compiles a regular expression that builds a lisp program that creates a csv parser that reads a csv file with the description, as a temporal workaround and I don’t know if that even makes sense of if this case is actually slower and more difficult 😀

• Zlata Kalyuzhnaya says:

To disable Escape switching from the Terminal tool window to the editor, do the following:

“Help | Find Action…” on the main menu;
        Type “registry” and click “Registry…” found element;
        Find terminal.escape.moves.focus.to.editor key and disable it. (it’s available since v2019.1.2 Preview)
        You can download IntelliJ IDEA 2019.1.2 Preview here:

4. Robert Futrell says:

With this version, I noticed two issues with Escape, neither of which occurred with 2019.1:

* Pressing Escape in the Find or Replace docked toolbar doesn’t hide it. Focus stays in the search field. As far as I can tell I have to use the mouse to focus the editor, as well as close the Find/Replace docked toolbars.

* Pressing Escape in the terminal (I use bash with vi as my command line editor) focuses the active editor tab. My focus is stolen from the terminal when it shouldn’t be. I’m trying to switch to command mode.

• Daniel Egger says:

I have the same problem in the terminal. I use bash with vi as my command line editor.
      The terminal is unusable if “Escape” switches to the editor…

• Zlata Kalyuzhnaya says:

Hi Robert.

“Help | Find Action…” on the main menu;
        Type “registry” and click “Registry…” found element;
        You can download IntelliJ IDEA 2019.1.2 Preview here:

>>Pressing Escape in the Find or Replace docked toolbar doesn’t hide it.
        Please file an issue in our bug tracker with more details: IJ version, OS
        thanks!