Java Annotated Monthly – January 2020

Trisha Gee

2019 is over, and a brand new year is here. January’s Java Annotated Monthly features (as usual) the news from the previous month, some of the best articles from 2019 (or ones we simply missed first time around), and a bunch of those end-of-year-wrap-up features.

JavaAnnotatedMonthly@2x

2019 Roundup

Highlights for the year from various sites. The fact that several of these features commentary or articles from me did not impact my decision to include them at all…

Java News

Java Tutorials & Tips

Languages, Frameworks, Libraries and Technologies

Culture & Community

I’ve been on a journey over the last month or so of figuring out what to do better next year and how. So you’ll find a bunch of organisational/motivational stuff in this section.

And Finally

A chance to catch up on the other IntelliJ IDEA and JetBrains blog posts from this month.

If you have any interesting or useful Java / JVM news to share via Java Annotated Monthly, leave a comment or drop me a message via Twitter.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

7 Responses to Java Annotated Monthly – January 2020

1. Enver says:

January 2, 2020

Thanks.
    I don’t know if it is me, but color of a links with white background is hard to read. Burning my eyes.

• Joe says:

January 14, 2020

That is how web browsers have colored links for damn near 25 yrs. You decide to complain about it now?

2. Bughunter says:

January 2, 2020

Heinz Kabutz on Imposter Syndrome – Demystifying Technology Podcast #30
    links to to the same target as
    Testing Makes You Faster Day One

3. Trisha Gee says:

January 7, 2020

Thanks everyone for pointing out the incorrect link, at least I can see people are reading Annotated Monthly! The link should be fixed.

4. Mykola Golubyev says:

January 9, 2020

Thank you, Trisha, for including the link to my post and for the feedback. I started to blog as my new year resolution and you referencing it is a perfect gift.

• Trisha Gee says:

January 14, 2020

You’re welcome! I hope you don’t mind the comment on the setup – I think it may be useful for many people, I just wanted to persuade those who think they already know it to push past to the core of the article.