IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.1 is Available!

IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.1, the first bug-fix update for the new major release of IntelliJ IDEA is now available. Update to the new version from the IDE, with the Toolbox App, or use snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. You can download this new version directly from our website.

You’ll find the following important fixes in this update:

Please take a look at the full list of changes in the release notes.

We appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to leave a comment in the section below, ping us on Twitter, or create or vote for an issue in our issue tracker.

Happy Developing!

This entry was posted in Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.1 is Available!

1. Guest says:

was the resource bundle editor fixed?

2. Guillermo Castro says:

What happened to Maven autoimport? I have to press cmd-shift-I now every time I make a change to the pom.

3. Akshat Verma says:

There is an issue with remote debug as well. It is not connecting to the process immediately. it takes multiple attempts to connect to it. Also in previous versions i used to see tick marked break points which was helpful whether break points are correctly placed or not it is not working now.

4. Guest says:

When running tests with code coverage for tests that use the new Java record type classes the tests fail with the error: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal field name “java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles”.

The test succeeds when run without code coverage.

Is this bug fixed with this release?

5. Anton says:

As Guillermo Castro mentioned, I’d like to have an old option to enable Maven auto-import available. It’s really frustrating having to click the refresh button every time after a small change, especially during a project set-up.

Also, I really miss the old “Compare With Current” dialog when working with Git branches. I remember when you first introduced the inline view, it was reverted at some point to the old view. Is there a way to enable the old dialog?

Thanks.

6. Joe says:

Oh nice! Thanks for fixing the missing gradle auto-import toggle. Was driving me nuts I couldn’t turn off auto-import.

7. Moh says:

I just started using 2020.1.1 and I like to experiment with JDKs and garbage collectors. Yeah, yeah, I know, it’s not supported (which is why I’m leaving a note here instead of filing an issue).

I’m running JDK 14 and tried the new ZGC garbage collector. It turns out there is a major issue under Windows (https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8240654), which curiously has existed in other languages (Delphi, C++) for a long time.

One of the workarounds is working well though: -Dsun.java2d.d3d=True
    My custom settings in vmoptions that make everything look good:
    -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions
    -XX:+UseZGC
    -Dsun.java2d.d3d=True
    -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on
    -Dswing.aatext=true

8. Aleksandr says:

Could not update idea by patch.
    Connection failed
    Failed to prepare an update: Request failed with status code 403.

Windows 10.

9. Luke says:

when I typing Chinese in editor, It’s feel so bad. every single click has a large delay, 2020.1.1 still have this problem, please fix it. I want submit this bug to tracker, but i can’t open tracker website in China.

10. Vijay Pondala says:

I can’t find a way to install this version from ToolBox. Is that expected?

11. Manjunath says:

Getting below error while updating IntelliJ.

Failed to prepare an update:
    Cannot download ‘https://download.jetbrains.com/idea/IC-193.6911.18-201.7223.91-patch-win.jar’: Request failed with status code 403.

Can anyone guide, how to trouble shoot this.

12. Lavanya A S says:

Will this update be suitable for 32-bit windows?

13. Yuriy says:

After updating from 2020.1 to 2020.1.1 all open projects started to have a name as “filename [project name]” so now it is difficult to select the project from task bar. How to revert this?

• Artem Sarkisov says:

Hi Yuriy, sorry, what’s a “task bar”? Maybe you can elaborate or provide a screenshot?

14. zhangbin says:

When starting a project with springboot, the package cannot be found, but my package is available. How to solve this problem

15. Stefan says:

IDE Update went smoothly.. i worked for 5h straight… Then CPU spike, editor is not responding anymore.

I killed the process after 10 minutes via the windows task manager. Restarted an picked up on the file i was working on. 10 Minutes later the same.. editor not responding, CPU is maxed.

I have no valuable log or dump which would justify creating a youtrack ticket (The IDE is not crashing, merely stuck in a loop). And i currently have no idea how to create a reproduction case. For me it seems to look like an issue with code-completion, but honestly i have no idea and also lack the time to do testing on this.

I have now given the policy to my team to stick with 2019.3 for the time being and we will be checking again with 2020.1.2 ..

• Stefan says:

Addon to my comment:
      I currently have a case where the problem is manifesting itself very repeatable:

Setup:
      Windows 10 Pro (64)
      Intel i5, 16GB RAM

– Few files are open (the ones i’m working on),
      – I click on the root of my project folder within the project pane and use a shortcut triggering “Find in path…”
      – I search “Bearer” (i have tried multiple things and not all trigger the behaviour, i could not make out a “pattern”)
      – I copy a single line of PHP Code from my search result (e.g. $bearer_token = substr($headers[‘Authorization’], 6); )
      – I hit ESC to close the search window
      – I paste my line of code in the open file which is in the background
      – Sometimes i see the line appearing, sometimes it does not. The paste event seems to trigger the “lockdown” – whatever it is.
      – I can move and resize the application window, but no further interaction is possible and the window/elements also do not redraw/render anymore. (dunno if that helps.)

I have disabled all plugins and i get no meaningful output of any kind.
      I did the following variations to try coming up with a small reproduction, but i could not get a solid case:

– I have tried an empty working file to paste in – no difference
      – I have tried different ways to copy (Selecting via Keyboard vs Mouse) – no difference
      – Sometimes it happens on the first try, sometimes i’m triggering the problem only with a second try.

I have now restarted my IDE 50+ times.. – hope this helps a bit, maybe someone in QA can reproduce the problem with this description.

16. Jackson says:

Getting below error while updating IntelliJ.

Failed to prepare an update:
    Cannot download ‘https://download.jetbrains.com:443/idea/IC-193.6911.18-201.7223.91-patch-mac.jar’: Request failed with status code 404

Can anyone guide, how to trouble shoot this.