IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.1 is Available!

Artem Sarkisov

IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.1, the first bug-fix update for the new major release of IntelliJ IDEA is now available. Update to the new version from the IDE, with the Toolbox App, or use snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. You can download this new version directly from our website.

You’ll find the following important fixes in this update:

Please take a look at the full list of changes in the release notes.

We appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to leave a comment in the section below, ping us on Twitter, or create or vote for an issue in our issue tracker.

Happy Developing!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

40 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.1 is Available!

1. Guest says:

April 30, 2020

was the resource bundle editor fixed?

• Serge Baranov says:

April 30, 2020

Yes, https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-237258 was fixed.

• Guest says:

May 1, 2020

great! thank you

• Emmanuel Macron says:

May 4, 2020

Doesn’t look solved here.

Also, when I change the property name, the values on the right (languages) are not correctly updated.

2. Guillermo Castro says:

May 1, 2020

What happened to Maven autoimport? I have to press cmd-shift-I now every time I make a change to the pom.

3. Akshat Verma says:

May 4, 2020

There is an issue with remote debug as well. It is not connecting to the process immediately. it takes multiple attempts to connect to it. Also in previous versions i used to see tick marked break points which was helpful whether break points are correctly placed or not it is not working now.

4. Guest says:

May 4, 2020

When running tests with code coverage for tests that use the new Java record type classes the tests fail with the error: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal field name “java/lang/invoke/MethodHandles”.

The test succeeds when run without code coverage.

Is this bug fixed with this release?

5. Anton says:

May 4, 2020

As Guillermo Castro mentioned, I’d like to have an old option to enable Maven auto-import available. It’s really frustrating having to click the refresh button every time after a small change, especially during a project set-up.

Also, I really miss the old “Compare With Current” dialog when working with Git branches. I remember when you first introduced the inline view, it was reverted at some point to the old view. Is there a way to enable the old dialog?

Thanks.

• Artem Sarkisov says:

May 6, 2020

As for the Maven issue, please follow https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-235459

• Anton says:

May 6, 2020

@Artem Sarkisov awesome, glad to know this is being worked on

• Dmitriy Smirnov says:

May 6, 2020

> I really miss the old “Compare With Current” dialog when working with Git branches.

What exactly do you miss?

It seems the only drawback is that a one-way comparison is shown, and clicking a button is needed to see the opposite. We plan to combine 2 log views in an Editor tab to show the both-way comparison https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-238559

• Anton says:

May 6, 2020

@Dmitriy Smirnov, the new view feels crammed, I prefer to keep the bottom toolbar fixed, instead of dragging it every time, to see the full list of changes. It’s good to know that the 2 log view is coming back, but would be nice to have an option to use the old feature, until the new one is complete.

6. Joe says:

May 4, 2020

Oh nice! Thanks for fixing the missing gradle auto-import toggle. Was driving me nuts I couldn’t turn off auto-import.

7. Moh says:

May 5, 2020

I just started using 2020.1.1 and I like to experiment with JDKs and garbage collectors. Yeah, yeah, I know, it’s not supported (which is why I’m leaving a note here instead of filing an issue).

I’m running JDK 14 and tried the new ZGC garbage collector. It turns out there is a major issue under Windows (https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8240654), which curiously has existed in other languages (Delphi, C++) for a long time.

One of the workarounds is working well though: -Dsun.java2d.d3d=True
    My custom settings in vmoptions that make everything look good:
    -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions
    -XX:+UseZGC
    -Dsun.java2d.d3d=True
    -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on
    -Dswing.aatext=true

• arsnisnevich says:

May 7, 2020

Thanks for letting us know.

8. Aleksandr says:

May 5, 2020

Could not update idea by patch.
    Connection failed
    Failed to prepare an update: Request failed with status code 403.

Windows 10.

• Andrey Dernov says:

May 6, 2020

Since 2020.1 IDE does no longer support 1.8 JDK, please see https://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/2020/01/intellij-idea-2020-1-eap/#jbr_end_of_support
      as IDE runtime JDK, so the patch update for distributions with 1.8 JDK are not provided this time. We recommend downloading distributions with 11 JBR from https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download

• Charles says:

May 6, 2020

Sorry, I’m unclear what the implications are to the stop of support for Jdk 1.8 at the IDE level, we still compile/run based on the sdk chosen for the project so it would seem of no impact per se, unless I’m missing something.

Pls advise

9. Luke says:

May 5, 2020

when I typing Chinese in editor, It’s feel so bad. every single click has a large delay, 2020.1.1 still have this problem, please fix it. I want submit this bug to tracker, but i can’t open tracker website in China.

10. Vijay Pondala says:

May 7, 2020

I can’t find a way to install this version from ToolBox. Is that expected?

• Artem Sarkisov says:

June 7, 2020

It’s not, I can see it in the Toolbox App right now. Could you please try and restart the Toolbox App, and see if this helps?

• Artem Sarkisov says:

June 7, 2020

Oh no, this is one month old, I’m very sorry we missed your comment. Have you figured this out?

11. Manjunath says:

May 7, 2020

Getting below error while updating IntelliJ.

Failed to prepare an update:
    Cannot download ‘https://download.jetbrains.com/idea/IC-193.6911.18-201.7223.91-patch-win.jar’: Request failed with status code 403.

Can anyone guide, how to trouble shoot this.

12. Lavanya A S says:

May 8, 2020

Will this update be suitable for 32-bit windows?

• Roman Shevchenko says:

May 8, 2020

When you run the 2020.1 installer on 32-bit Windows, it suggests to download the 32-bit JRE.

13. Yuriy says:

May 14, 2020

After updating from 2020.1 to 2020.1.1 all open projects started to have a name as “filename [project name]” so now it is difficult to select the project from task bar. How to revert this?

• Artem Sarkisov says:

May 14, 2020

Hi Yuriy, sorry, what’s a “task bar”? Maybe you can elaborate or provide a screenshot?

14. zhangbin says:

May 15, 2020

When starting a project with springboot, the package cannot be found, but my package is available. How to solve this problem

15. Stefan says:

May 19, 2020

IDE Update went smoothly.. i worked for 5h straight… Then CPU spike, editor is not responding anymore.

I killed the process after 10 minutes via the windows task manager. Restarted an picked up on the file i was working on. 10 Minutes later the same.. editor not responding, CPU is maxed.

I have no valuable log or dump which would justify creating a youtrack ticket (The IDE is not crashing, merely stuck in a loop). And i currently have no idea how to create a reproduction case. For me it seems to look like an issue with code-completion, but honestly i have no idea and also lack the time to do testing on this.

I have now given the policy to my team to stick with 2019.3 for the time being and we will be checking again with 2020.1.2 ..

• Stefan says:

May 19, 2020

Addon to my comment:
      I currently have a case where the problem is manifesting itself very repeatable:

Setup:
      Windows 10 Pro (64)
      Intel i5, 16GB RAM

– Few files are open (the ones i’m working on),
      – I click on the root of my project folder within the project pane and use a shortcut triggering “Find in path…”
      – I search “Bearer” (i have tried multiple things and not all trigger the behaviour, i could not make out a “pattern”)
      – I copy a single line of PHP Code from my search result (e.g. $bearer_token = substr($headers[‘Authorization’], 6); )
      – I hit ESC to close the search window
      – I paste my line of code in the open file which is in the background
      – Sometimes i see the line appearing, sometimes it does not. The paste event seems to trigger the “lockdown” – whatever it is.
      – I can move and resize the application window, but no further interaction is possible and the window/elements also do not redraw/render anymore. (dunno if that helps.)

I have disabled all plugins and i get no meaningful output of any kind.
      I did the following variations to try coming up with a small reproduction, but i could not get a solid case:

– I have tried an empty working file to paste in – no difference
      – I have tried different ways to copy (Selecting via Keyboard vs Mouse) – no difference
      – Sometimes it happens on the first try, sometimes i’m triggering the problem only with a second try.

I have now restarted my IDE 50+ times.. – hope this helps a bit, maybe someone in QA can reproduce the problem with this description.

16. Jackson says:

May 27, 2020

Getting below error while updating IntelliJ.

Failed to prepare an update:
    Cannot download ‘https://download.jetbrains.com:443/idea/IC-193.6911.18-201.7223.91-patch-mac.jar’: Request failed with status code 404

Can anyone guide, how to trouble shoot this.

17. soumya says:

June 5, 2020

Which version of gradle is compatible with intellij 2020.1.1 version?