AppCode 3.1.3 update available

Hi everyone,

AppCode 3.1.3 is now available for download. You’ll also get an automatic notification about this update in the IDE.

This update is mostly focused on Swift support, including some new features of Swift 1.2 introduced recently.

Parameter Info
With this build a long-awaited Parameter Info feature has arrived. If you are ever unsure what exact parameters to pass to a function, Parameter Info (Cmd+P) is there to help. It shows you parameter types and available function signatures, now for Swift code as well:
param_info

Swift modules completion
While adding imports in your Swift code in AppCode you can benefit from module names autocompletion, as well as public var symbols, classes, functions and struct completion:
import_completion

Swift 1.2 additions
As all of you we are really excited with the new Xcode beta published recently. And we’ve already added support for some new Swift 1.2 features! First, new ‘if-let with where-clause’ is parsed correctly in AppCode now:
if_let_where
Second is ‘as!’ support, also introduced in this update:
as

Other noticeable updates in Swift support include:

• External parameter names are resolved correctly, and thus navigation to such parameter declarations and rename refactoring work for them now (OC-10975).
  • Completion for enum cases works since this build (OC-11459).
  • While completion lists all the available options, smart completion filters them to match the type. You can benefit from it while completing method call arguments (OC-11421).
    smart_compl

The full list of fixed issues can be found in our tracker.

Sincerely yours,
The AppCode Team

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to AppCode 3.1.3 update available

1. John says:

Good to see progress, but without code completion for frameworks like UIKit, in-house Obj-C frameworks, etc. AppCode is currently not useful unless you’re developing an all-Swift command-line tool. I hate Xcode and look forward to being able to go back to using AppCode full-time.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Right now only one-way resolve is working – Swift classes are resolved in Objective-C code, and completion for them works. In other direction it doesn’t work for now, but we are working on it. Thanks for response.

• Mike says:

On the exact same page as John. I love AppCode, and I’m glad it’s been updated with the latest Swift language changes, but the lack of code completion for frameworks just kills it. Please, Jetbrains, prioritize this key feature so I can return to the IDE I love.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

It’s already marked with the top prio tag) Working on this.

• Bryan says:

I’ve been waiting for Xcode to become stable for 6 months now. I’m starting to think that AppCode will have stable Swift support before Apple does.

I *really* wish Apple would make AppCode the official IDE, like Google and Android Studio… Seriously.

2. Bill A says:

Great turnaround time on the Swift 1.2 changes – thanks!

3. Joshua Sullivan says:

I just updated to 3.1.3 and now when I try to make a new Objective C class, I’m getting a dialog which says:

Velocity Error
    Error parsing file template: Unable to find resource ‘Objective-C File Header.m’

And the .m file is blank. Is there any way to correct this with a template from a previous version?

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Are you using File from Xcode template? Or AppCode’s create class functionality?
      Could you please also show you ObjC file template (Preferences | Editor | File and Code templates | Templates | Objective-C Header File)?

• Joshua Sullivan says:

The problem was that I had modified the template for the Objective-C implementation file to include a class extension by default. I guess my edited template couldn’t be updated so my #parse directive at the top pointed to “Objective C File Header.h” not “C File Header.h” as the latest template has.

4. Filip says:

When I use “static” keyword in class (introduced in Swift 1.2) I get the error:

Error:(17, 12) static methods are only allowed within structs and enums; use ‘class’ to declare a class method

Is it supported in AppCode?

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Can you compile it correctly? Do you have an error in Xcode? What Xcode version do you have in AppCode?

5. Filip says:

Thanks, I had to choose XCode-beta in AppCode’s settings.

6. iCediCe says:

What about creating outlets and actions and connecting gui elements to them? Any progress on this ?