New AppCode 2016.2.3 EAP, build 162.2291.2

New AppCode 2016.2.3 EAP is ready and available to download on our confluence page. If you are using previous 2016.2.3 EAP build, the patch update is also available.

This build brings the following new features and fixes:

• Resolution for Objective-C enums and options in Swift (first part of SE-0005 proposal, OC-13728)
  • SE-0049: Move @noescape and @autoclosure to be type attributes (OC-14144)
  • SE-0066: Standardize function type argument syntax to require parentheses (OC-14186)
  • SE-0081: Move where clause to end of declaration (OC-13836)
  • SE-0103: Make non-escaping closures the default (OC-14145)
  • Full support for for-in-where & case constructs in parser (OC-12041)
  • First part of SWIFT_VERSION build setting support (OC-14139), which fixes various debugger issues for Swift 3 projects.
  • Better Void type handling in resolve (OC-14178)

The full list of fixes and improvements can be found here.

Please, note that this EAP build requires an active subscription (or you can start a 30-day evaluation period).

Your AppCode team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to New AppCode 2016.2.3 EAP, build 162.2291.2

1. Bill A says:

Wait, is this an update to 2016.2 or 2016.3?

I’m running the 2016.3 EAP, but I don’t see any patch options when I click Check for Updates.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

This is EAP for 2016.2.3, not update for 2016.2 or 2016.3.

• Bill A says:

Why are new features going into 2012.2.x? I’m on the 2016.3.x EAP because I thought new development was taking place there.

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

It’s a good question :) Let’s make everything clear:

1. For now we are working on Xcode 8 and Swift 3 support tasks, which we plan to include into 2016.3
          2. All of them must be backported to 2016.2.x update also.
          3. All these changes are quite massive. We want to be sure that all of them will work correctly both in 2016.3 and 2016.2.x updates, so for now we decided to have 2 EAP tracks to double-check everything.

As a result, 2016.3 EAP contains all features appearing in EAPs for minor 2016.2.x updates + new features planned for 2016.3. 2016.2.x EAPs contain only fixes which we promised to backport in our roadmap.

The current plan is to roll out 2016.2.x EAP every Wednesday and 2016.3 EAP every Thursday (sometimes it can change, but we will try to follow these rules). New 2016.3 EAP is planned for tomorrow.

• David Whetstone says:

So if I understand this correctly, if I’m still using Xcode 7, I should stick with 2016.2.x EAP, but if I’m on Xcode 8, I should update to 2016.3.x EAP. Is that accurate?

• Stanislav Dombrovsky says:

No, both EAPs can be used with Xcode 7 on macOS 10.11. And both EAPs will contain the same features for Xcode support. We need 2016.2.x EAP only to check possible side-effects from changes backported as early as it possible.

• Bill A says:

Ah, I see – thanks for the explanation!