AppCode starts 2017.2.2 EAP: access modifiers support and the first part of Swift 4!
Today we are starting AppCode 2017.2.2 EAP with a heap of improvements on board!
Now AppCode correctly checks access modifiers (such as
open, etc.) when resolving Swift symbols. From the user perspective it means the following:
- Inaccessible entities do not appear in the completion list or Override/Implement pop-up anymore.
- Such entities in the code are now highlighted in red and more – you can even change the visibility to the proper one using the corresponding intention:
This build brings the first part of the Swift 4 support:
- SE-0169 (Improve Interaction Between
privateDeclarations and Extensions)
- SE-0148 (Generic Subscripts)
- SE-0168 (Multiline String Literals) and SE-0182 (String Newline Escaping):
Besides, the following important issues were fixed:
- Objective-C classes imported via
.pchare not resolved in Swift code (OC-14804)
- Support for
- Opening a project in AppCode causes
lastKnownFileTypeto change for some UTF-8 files (OC-15901)
For the full list of fixes please see the release notes.
Your AppCode team
The Drive to Develop