The new PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.3566) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build (171.3224) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Allow choosing IP to be sent to Zend Debugger
In this build, we’ve added a new option enabled by default, which automatically detects all host IPs to sent them to Zend Debugger. That’s especially important when working on a machine with multiple IPs, e.g. in the case of Vagrant/VirtualBox/VPN usage. You can also disable a checkbox and provide required IPs manually. The option can be found in Settings| PHP | Debug | Automatically detect IDE IP.
Redesigned Find In Path
We redesigned “Find in Path” window, so you get more valuable information within the same frame. Now you have options and preview tab combined in a popup and can see the results of your search with more detailed preview. Let us know what you think!
Highlighting of current editor tab for Darcula
There is a request that active editor tab is too subtle, especially in Darcula, so we’ve introduced an additional highlighting with a blue line. It makes it easier to distinguish between the currently active editor tab and those around it.
Apart from new features, this build brings many bug fixes, including these:
- Huge gutter icons in latest 2017.1 EAP: IDEA-168194
- CommonJS: module functions not available when re-exporting module instance: WEB-17099
- Dead key is processed in editor as a separate symbol JRE-208
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2017.1:
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.1834: New code highlights, parameter hint for method and function calls, new quick-fix for undefined variables, support for emoji in the editor
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2014: Fixes of reparse errors for alternative syntax, switch statement and namespace names; current scope highlighting for alternative syntax, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2152: Blank lines before namespace code style setting, align assignment now affects shorthand operators, “Download from…” option in deployment
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2272: Regexes support in Copyright Plugin, new Code Style options (Place ‘()’ for constructor, Convert else if/elseif to)
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2455: Support of PHP 7 Uniform Variable Syntax, auto-import of functions and constants, auto-import from the global namespace, more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2613: Support of Blade @component and @slot directive document structure, grouping of user-defined constants in Debugger
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.2822: Support PHPDoc in Blade injections, Recognition of PHP class names in strings
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP, 171.3019: Support of Codeception, Configurable spaces inside declare statements, Support of PHPUnit 6, and more
- PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP 171.3224: Improvements in PHP Debug, Auto-import and FQN inspection
Download PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build 171.3566 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop