The new PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP build (172.2827.17) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP build (172.2465) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Create new field/method actions for PHP UML diagrams
Composer: Remove dependency action
We continue our work on Composer, and this EAP brings you Remove dependency action that can be found in renamed Manage dependency dialog.
Return types support for Change Signature refactoring
Now, Change Signature refactoring allows you to add or modify the return type of method/function if your PHP language level is set to be 7.0 or above. The type will also be changed in all overriding methods to avoid return type incompatibilities.
Detection of enabled/disabled extensions for PHP interpreter
In the latest PhpStorm release, we made it possible to configure which PHP extensions are used in the project. Continuing working on the feature, we’ve now added an automatic detection of enabled/disabled extensions for the selected PHP interpreter. That will help you to keep synchronized your project extension settings and extensions that are actually installed in your PHP distributive. The feature works for local as well as for all types of remote PHP interpreters.
Preserve state of Start Listening for PHP Debug Connection option
Last but not least, we’ve implemented a request that many people asked for to preserve a state of PHP Debug Listening option. Now if you had Start Listening for PHP Debug Connection enabled in a project, the option will be restored on a project reopening. That should help you to avoid a situation where debugging doesn’t work because you forgot to enable the option.
From the platform side the update brings:
- Run single Karma test
- Configurable Patterns for Automatic Nesting of Transpiled Files
- Improved navigation in TypeScript
- New settings for Commit dialog: blank line between subject and body, their maximum length, etc
- VCS: New Reword action that allows changing commit message
- VCS: Redesigned shelf tab
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2017.2:
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2103: Docker Compose, PSR-0/4 root detection from composer.json, automatic run of PHPUnit tests, unified settings for frameworks, field declared dynamically warning for fields assigned in constructor but not declared
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2273: Reworked polymorphic types support($this, static, parent), $this highlighting, new formatting options, SSH-Agent support
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2465: New Composer actions, formatting options for blank lines, unified Test Frameworks settings
- PhpStorm 2017.2 EAP, 172.2827: New UML actions, remove Composer dependency action, PHP extensions detection, return types in change signature
Download PhpStorm 2017. 2 EAP 172.2827 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop